Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Evoque owners.

I have a Rang Rover 2012 Evoque; the Infotainment system needs to be replaced and the dealer quoted me $3338.40.

Touch Screen still works and the head unit interfaces with the camera system. I was told the issue is a faulty iAM?

What are my options other than doing nothing?

Thanks!
JD

VIN: xxxxx Year: 2012 L538
Make: Land Rover
Model: Range Rover Evoque
Warranty: Exp.
Trim: Prestige Sport Utility 4-Door
Drive Type: AWD
Mileage: 72,913
Sub Model: Prestige
Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic
Engine: 2.0L I4 16V GDI DOHC Turbo
Drive: 4WD
Fuel Type: Gasoline

·
Registered
166 Posts
Greetings Evoque owners.

I have a Rang Rover 2012 Evoque; the Infotainment system needs to be replaced and the dealer quoted me $3338.40.

Touch Screen still works and the head unit interfaces with the camera system. I was told the issue is a faulty iAM?

What are my options other than doing nothing?

Thanks!
JD

VIN: xxxxx Year: 2012 L538
Make: Land Rover
Model: Range Rover Evoque
Warranty: Exp.
Trim: Prestige Sport Utility 4-Door
Drive Type: AWD
Mileage: 72,913
Sub Model: Prestige
Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic
Engine: 2.0L I4 16V GDI DOHC Turbo
Drive: 4WD
Fuel Type: Gasoline
So the camera and touch screen works, but the bluetooth, audio/music and navigation do not work? Please excuse my ignorance, but what is an iAM?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So the camera and touch screen works, but the bluetooth, audio/music and navigation do not work? Please excuse my ignorance, but what is an iAM?
It's the Integrated Audio Module. Does a lot. Not sure how it affects other stuff (such as the alarm system) but I would ask the dealer before you go spending that much

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would ask the dealer before you go spending that much
That was the information I was left with from the dealer. I'm trying to figure out if there is an alternative to the Land Rover equipment. An after market (better-ish) system that can be installed for less. I figure this group would be the best to ask.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi JD, have the same Evoque as you and have also looked at alternative infotainment for my car. My one works OK and don't need to replace at this stage but wanted an upgrade to the level of android auto or similar. There is a system from China that is a retrofit for our car, but would require some knowledge on fitting and suppose some guts to do it. AliExpress has quite a few of these for sale, and YouTube has a lot of info on how to fit. Check it out.. Cheers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey JD,

I would go to a Land Rover only junkyard. That's where I found my transmission and turbo charger. My Dealer wanted $14k it ended up costing me $5k w warranty from a junkyard with a mechanic specialized in Land Rovers. Maybe there is a place near you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts