Evoque Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all, has anyone done or seen an evoque dynamic with the lower silver bumper trim blacked out? I'm also thinking of blacking out the rear too along with the front but I'd like to see how it looks like before doing it. I'm also planning on doing the wheels too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm finding that coloring wheels black using graphical software isn't that easy, but thanks for the challenge.....

Not sure I like the bumper part, but I do think something different could be offered for the silver bumper areas. Seems too lose some punch provided by the contrasting colors IMO because from a distance it may look a bit plain?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had mine painted black to match the roof. Will post pics. I don't recommend doing it because the pieces have tabs that are plastic welded to the bumper. Huge pain.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We blacked ours out using plasti-dip. See the PureEvoque facebook page. It has all the details and step-by-step instructions/guide with photos.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pure-Evoque/114181425371518
Yes I've used plasti-dip a lot great stuff, thanks for the photos!

Had mine painted black to match the roof. Will post pics. I don't recommend doing it because the pieces have tabs that are plastic welded to the bumper. Huge pain.
I was going to either use plasti-dip or vinyl but good to know so I don't try and pull it off!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think I prefer the contrast. My car is all-black to begin with so making the skid plates black will make the car too boring to look at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts