Evoque Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Evoque with a 2016 facelift front I've only just bought the vehicle from a private seller. The headlights have a led strip all around the outer edge which lights up when the engine is switched on as a dRL. This function only works on one side. Bought a new headlight which doesn't work as my connection needs a ten pin. New identical headlight is 11pin old style 2014 headlights are 12 pin. My head's thrashed all I want is my headlight fully working. Indicators work headlight full beam and sidelight work just the led strip on the drivers side that doesn't. Please help can anyone repair a headlight I can't buy new or old headlight as the pins don't match seems someone has converted them and I can't find anyone who knows how to help me. Feel like selling the car it's peed me off that much it's impossible to get sorted

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Were the original ‘14s equipped w/ the LED “blade” running lights? I’ve got a similar issue w/ my F-Pace (which I’m selling today). I did an LED conversion about a year ago, and it’s never worked like original equipment. In auto mode, Sometimes both sides operate as DRL, sometimes only one, but they always work if I place the switch in the “on” position. I understand there are also differences in US and Euro spec DRLs. It’s apparently a programming/low voltage regulator issue where the LED operation requirement is different than the original HID bulbs.

Just a few thoughts - Any damage/corrosion to any of the connector pins ? Any shot at having the dealer reprogram? (probably not super expensive, but not money well spent if they don’t fix it). Maybe search for a wiring diagram to assist in which pin does what, and start tracing it back. Could be a solder connection at the blade LED wire. Certainly not a proper fix, but there’s always the possibility of just jumpering the blade LED wires to the headlamp wires so they operate together, or eliminate/cut the wire for the side that’s working, but both those options would eliminate DRL operation. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts