Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2 Posts
My problem is that i m at my 8 th bulb , 3 on the left ,5 on the right side. Oem original bulbs lasted less than a month. Put on PIAA ´s and got same results. When you look at the burnt bulbs it is easy to see that they burnt due to high voltage entering the bulb. Dealer can t find why i m having peaks in voltage and their answer on my work sheet always says " cannot duplicate problem"

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had a similar issue, but I don't have the Xenon lights. I was wondering why I couldn't see anything a couple nights ago, and figured my headlights were dirty, when I checked, I noticed both headlights were not working. Parking lights were working, but no headlights. This is a dangerous issue for someone to be caught out in the cold with. I took the car to my dealership, and they said they will likely have it for a few days as they now have to deal with the North America Range Rover. I'm guessing a recall will be coming soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 Pure Premium.
I have now taken my car into my dealer, which is 55 miles away, 3 times for this.
First time, one bulb went, then two days later, the second one went.
I took it in and they said my bulbs burned out. I said BS. Statistically speaking for one to go; it can happen. Not 2. NOt at least because of the bulbs.
The replaced the bulbs anyway and said they couldn't find anything else.
No sooner had I got it home, when one went again. Took it back again, and again, they replaced both bulbs and said they couldn't find anything causing a power surge which might burn out the lights.
Brought it home and within 2 weeks, another bulb went.
Now I'm pissed and take it in and say look, I don't care if you have to replace everything from the switch to the bulb but I want it fixed.
They said they contacted Corporate and they've never heard of this issue (of course not, lol). Corporate wouldn't let them do anything else but replace the bulbs if they couldn't find the actual electrical issue causing this.
I told them no problem.
If the lights blow up again, I'm shoving the now 2 year old car (with 40k miles) up their Corporate *ss.
They're wanting to put me in a different Evoque, but I'm not sure I want to do that.
Oh, and my air conditioning has gone twice in the last 4 months as well.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Did you buy a pre-owned? The reason I'm asking is I had the same problem with headlights, which was due to someone trying to upgrade to hid headlights with mismatched ballast. LR couldn't figure this out. Just a thought.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Oh, after I replaced the ballasts and bulbs with a new xenon kit I haven't lost a bulb in 2 years!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well one of my head lights is out now. Calling dealership in am to get it over there ASAP. I too believe it some sort of electrical problem with car that dealer won't admit too. Also latch on passenger side of coupe to fold front seat down is stuck. Unacceptable on such an expensive car...Dealership 45 minutes away...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had more problems blowing another bulb. Seems to happen in the cold temps both times.
I haven't seen this thread for a little while.
After the 4th time the bulb(s) went on the Evoque, I had a little chat with t he dealer saying look, 4 times for the bulbs to go and 3 times for the air conditioner to fry? I leased it new in 2013, and ALL of t his only started happening after 2 years of completely uneventful driving.
I'd had enough. Ironically, I really liked the vehicle, and said I'd lease another one if I could get a great deal. LR kicked in a couple of lease payments for my trouble and the dealer also contributed. I also got the replacement for a crazy price.
NOW I have the 2015 with that 9 speed tranny, and when down shifting from 5th to 4th (it's a known common problem apparently), it takes several seconds for the gear to engage (only in that gear too) and you "coast" for 2-3 seconds before 4th finally kicks in. Great when you're going down a pretty steep hill (not).
Dealer actually called it a "feature" of that transmission. A FEATURE!
I think after this one, I'm done.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I haven't seen this thread for a little while.
After the 4th time the bulb(s) went on the Evoque, I had a little chat with t he dealer saying look, 4 times for the bulbs to go and 3 times for the air conditioner to fry? I leased it new in 2013, and ALL of t his only started happening after 2 years of completely uneventful driving.
I'd had enough. Ironically, I really liked the vehicle, and said I'd lease another one if I could get a great deal. LR kicked in a couple of lease payments for my trouble and the dealer also contributed. I also got the replacement for a crazy price.
NOW I have the 2015 with that 9 speed tranny, and when down shifting from 5th to 4th (it's a known common problem apparently), it takes several seconds for the gear to engage (only in that gear too) and you "coast" for 2-3 seconds before 4th finally kicks in. Great when you're going down a pretty steep hill (not).
Dealer actually called it a "feature" of that transmission. A FEATURE!
I think after this one, I'm done.
You're not alone!

http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque-forum/2699-2015-evoque-transmission.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts