Evoque Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be moving to colder climate. Anyone know if heated seats can be installed ? I know the old discoveries all had the heaters and wiring even in the non heated seat trims.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer added heated seats for me... I wasn't thrilled with the after-market switches installed in the center console, but there you go. I believe the seats were pre-wired, but the switches were not.

Z

·
0 Posts
That's odd, it's like why not just include it, right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer told me today it is not possible. Can you supply any more information about how they did yours ? or who I might contact. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting Finding

I was looking at the parts catalogue on line. You can find it at lrparts.net.ru/ You simply select parts at the bottom of the screen. Mostly in russian but all the parts catalog is english. There are five models of the heater and air conditioning with assembly. The part number LR028204 says the following: Control: Heater, Heated Seats-Drivers/Passengers, Less Heated Windscreen, Less Pollution Sensor. My thinking is getting heated seats may be as simple as replacing this switch/controller assembly. I bet the seats are already wired and the heating pads are in place.

I'm going to talk again to my dealer. Does anyone have any contacts at Land Rover who could let us know if this would work. In the US right now you can only order with seats and windscreen and heated steering wheel. Interesting that there is a part number of the switch assembly like the above.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't have additional details, but it seems you're correct that the heater and wiring is pre-installed. My vehicle was available on the lot, but didn't have the optional cold weather package installed so the dealer offered to add heated seats at no charge. Apparently they are not able to install the factory controls after-market.

Here's a photo of my installation:

Switches1.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. Can you give a phone number for your dealer that I could call to find out more. We're in Arizona. Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post but hoping someone has had some movement on this..!!

I have just taken delivery of a late MY13 Dynamic Si4 Evoque without heated seats. In South Africa, they are far and few between with heated seats but I really liked them in previous cars.

After doing a lot of Googling, I see a few posts all coming to no conclusion. I have found a local parts yard that had a set of heater controls with the seat heating buttons. I am just waiting on the price and then will consider giving it a try to see if they are plug and play

Hoping someone has already taken the plunge and can confirm if it works or not...?

Otherwise, has anyone actually confirmed if the heating pads, control units and wiring are actually pre-installed?

Thanks in advanced

1 - 11 of 11 Posts