Evoque Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the other day when we had a cold morning that my heated steering wheel stopped working. Light turns on but no heat. It worked great last winter! Has this happened to anyone? Going to drop it off at the dealer for them to look at it since the cold weather is just around the corner!! :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello dieselkid,

Yeh, my car To!
Light is on, but no heating. checked the fuse No 44 in motor compartiment, but was ok.
Did you solved your problem?

Regards,
Paul

·
Registered
373 Posts
Not sure what year your cars are, but read on another forum this is a software upgrade issue. That was for a pre-2013 car, as I recall.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My SA told me if the vehicles electrical system detects a Low Battery it will disable some accessory items, namely the Heated Steering Wheel. After the dealership updated the software on my Battery Control Module the Heated Steering Wheel function has been restored. The ghost of Lucas wiring lives!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a new 2014 Evoque in the spring. I love the car and hate the service (or lack there of) at my local dealership here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
After taking my car in for service a couple of weeks ago, I noticed the steering wheel heater is working only a some of the time now, it used to work all the time before.
I believe they did a software update, but I'm not sure what. Did this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I bought a new 2014 Evoque in the spring. I love the car and hate the service (or lack there of) at my local dealership here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
After taking my car in for service a couple of weeks ago, I noticed the steering wheel heater is working only a some of the time now, it used to work all the time before.
I believe they did a software update, but I'm not sure what. Did this happen to anyone else?
Well, if has been stated the car will cutout power draining options if the battery is seen as "low", you might have your dealer run a load test on the battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts