Evoque Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2014 Evoque and the interior lighting will not light up when the doors open. I have done the setting and it is set to auto. Last time I did it, it worked fine for about two days, then quit again. Checked the setting and it was still in auto mode. Is there something else I should check? it's annoying not having light when getting into the vehicle at night.

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Do the interior lights work manually, i.e. if you touch the courtesy light lens, or either map light, do they turn on? If they work manually, that might help narrow down where the problem lies.

Just a thought:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!

Do the interior lights work manually, i.e. if you touch the courtesy light lens, or either map light, do they turn on? If they work manually, that might help narrow down where the problem lies.

Just a thought:)

Yes, they work fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been having the same problem. They do and they don’t. The trunk also works when it wants to when opening. No problem when closing. Will be going in for service next month but would love to hear a good answer before I have to pay for something that I could probably do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been having the same problem. They do and they don’t. The trunk also works when it wants to when opening. No problem when closing. Will be going in for service next month but would love to hear a good answer before I have to pay for something that I could probably do.

I am having EXACTLY the same issues, both with the interior lights and the trunk! Do you think it could be battery related? I sure would love an answer too! I don't like getting into a dark car inside. :(

Please let me know if you find out what it is.

2016 Pure Plus Evoque

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the light. Start the car, and press and hold the center map light till it flashes. Ur console will display auto light on. As for the trunk. Still searching on that fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the light. Start the car, and press and hold the center map light till it flashes. Ur console will display auto light on. As for the trunk. Still searching on that fix.
Done that at least a hundred times. Nothing works. Still says it's on Auto. But will not work when opening the door or unlocking the doors. I'm thinking battery. Seems to work fine with the car running. Not exactly sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I believe it's battery oriented also. When the car is running, lights come on inside and trunk opens with no issues. When car is off, no interior lights and trunk doesn't open. Now, how do we test the battery, is it the small one and should I try a new battery??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I believe it's battery oriented also. When the car is running, lights come on inside and trunk opens with no issues. When car is off, no interior lights and trunk doesn't open. Now, how do we test the battery, is it the small one and should I try a new battery??
Noticed the same thing. Now haven't dug into it yet, but just changing the main battery out, looks like you have to program the vehicle to recognize it to keep from getting an error code. Not sure if you change out the smaller one if you have to do that.

Does yours also say on the radio touch screen every once in a while, "low battery, unit will power off after one minute" and its fine as long as the engine is running? That is making me think it's the small battery that may be the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally got the lights and trunk back working. Bought a new battery And the dealership hS to program the new battery to the car. Even my eco started back to working so I guess the auxiliary battery wasn’t dead.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Finally got the lights and trunk back working. Bought a new battery And the dealership hS to program the new battery to the car. Even my eco started back to working so I guess the auxiliary battery wasn’t dead.
Hi. So it was the main, big battery that you replaced?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes it was the main battery. My dealership charge $179 to reprogram the battery. The battery itself was $288. Was told even if I bought the battery elsewhere that I’d still have to have it reprogrammed for the $179. The battery is cheaper at the auto stores but since I was I was already in for service (100 miles away) I just got it done so I didn’t have to make another trip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had all kinds of weird electrical problems. Turned out to be the main battery. Replaced the battery with a NAPA battery. I didn’t have to reprogram anything? Just put the new battery in gave it a good slow charge and all my stuff was working normally. You might want to check around to see if your dealer ripped you off?

·
Registered
166 Posts

I have never fully understood the battery replacement on these. I see many say that a battery has to be programmed to the car or the battery monitoring system has to be reset, then I see many others say they replaced battery themselves and never had an issue. But even if they do have to program it, I would think that would be 1/2 hour labor at most, $179 seems kind of high. Mine is 5 years old so I assume I will have to be replacing mine soon.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had all kinds of weird electrical problems. Turned out to be the main battery. Replaced the battery with a NAPA battery. I didn’t have to reprogram anything? Just put the new battery in gave it a good slow charge and all my stuff was working normally. You might want to check around to see if your dealer ripped you off?
Did you charge it, then put it in, or did you fully install it then charge it? And if you installed it then charged it, did you hook the charger to the terminals of the battery, or did you put the black/negative cable on the special place they have for it? The one time I charged mine I just put it across the terminal, but later I read that you aren't supposed to do that for some reason. Something about the charge monitoring electronics being in the negative cable on the car, and if you clip directly to the battery it can't monitor the charging of the battery. I have no idea how important that is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It was Landrover dealership so we know the charge is high anyway. I was told that installing a battery won’t hurt the vehicle but without having it reset u can get improper displayed warnings. I’m not a mechanic, I need to know if there’s something wrong. There r so many electronics built in, I’d rather be safe than sorry. Would cost me more in the long run if I didn’t. I’m proactive not reactive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts