Evoque Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I was walking back to my Evoque today and noticed the bracket in the picture hanging down from my rear bumper. It’s attached at one end

I have never noticed it before.
I have been told that it’s part of the tyre pressure monitoring system.

It’s actually attached to the bumper. Where should it be as I have never noticed it hanging down before.
My model is a 2015 Range Rover Evoque Dynamix Lux

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have seen something that looks like that when I have taken my fender liner out. I think it may be some sort of sensor, but I am not sure. It attaches to the front of the fender liner, on the back side of it (if that makes sense).

·
Super Moderator
564 Posts
What you're lookin at is the "TPMS Rear Initiator", I guess what we would call a receiver. To get to where it mounts, you have to remove the inner fender liner. A PITA job by what is shown in the service manual.

rear TPMS initiator.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

Thank you both kindly for your replies.

How easy is it to remove the inner wheel arch liner.

So it fits to the edge but in the inner side or to the back on the Inner side.

I just needed to be pointed in the right direction on removing the inner wheel arch liner please

·
Super Moderator
564 Posts
I believe the initiator is mounted to the inside of the back bumper, the front is different. If you would like to PM me your e-mail address, I can cut and paste the rest of the pictures from the service manual, that show how to get to the rear TPMS initiator. I can't paste the pictures from the PDF manual into a forum reply, I have to convert them into JPEG format, really time consuming, but easy into an e-mail. I will warn you, the manual has no verbiage about how to do things, just pictures similar to what I posted above. Like I said, it looks like a big PITA:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have had to take mine off a few times. Once when replacing a camera in the bumper and both sides when replacing my turbo. It isn't bad at all after the first time. But the first time is a bit fiddly. I would pay particular attention to how things lay on top of each either. What I mean by that is that parts of the liner lay outside the edge of the fender and other parts are inside, etc. So just pay attention and take pictures when removing it, and it will make it much easier going back on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts