Evoque Forums banner

Hi from MA

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  maxw523 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I'm a newbie to the forum, so please excuse any foolish questions that will inevitably come your way.

I just purchased a Baltic Blue 2 door coupe, with Nav, Cold climate package, etc. Interior is various combos of light and dark grey, (sirrus).
I have to admit I'm pretty excited, and I think it is terrific.

I originally purchased an Infiniti FX 35 in November 3.5 months ago when my beloved Isuzu Vehicross started to require some expensive maintenance. I could not have been more disappointed. In snow, I slid into oncoming traffic twice in 1 day, and that was the end of it. While it is supposed to have intelligent AWD, I just couldn't come to terms with that sort of failure. Also, despite being called "sporty" by many of the reviewers, I personally found it sluggish and less than responsive unless you flogged the beast.

Fortunately the dealer was very professional and helpful and referred me to his counterpart at their Rover branch. I went over, test drove the Evoque in ice and snow and it didn't even blink. Needless to say I am very pleased, feel much safer and am very enamored with the performance, styling and the care provided by the dealer.

Safe driving.

Max.

See less See more
#3 ·
In terms of space, the Evoque cabin feels roomy and more ergonomic as the driver. It has a more modern, luxurious and updated design.
The FX is very electronics rich. The screen is more colorful, but I have to say that the boot up time can be exasperating, eg there is a "take me home" element for the nav, but it can take up to 8-10 secs for the map to appear. The nav interface is somewhat easier, and all streets are stated verbally. The ipod screen is duplicated in terms of CD art etc also. There is a surround camera, but I only ever viewed the rear view on reversing. The nose is so long compared to the Evoque that occasionally I would refer to the front camera, but I finally became used to the size of the car and the surround feature was not very helpful.
I had the Limited Edition of which there were only 300 brought into the country. The special wheels were beautiful but scratched just by looking at them.
As regards cargo, the FX definitely is pretty cavernous with the rear seats folded down, but the cargo capacity of the Evoque is very satisfactory as far as I'm concerned with the seats down for,say, carrying my racing bikes.
I'm still learning the nuances of the vehicle, but everything points to it being as innovative as was originally presented.....well, OK, maybe I'm still struggling how to work out the different temp settings between passenger and driver :eek:

#4 ·
Welcome to the site. Congratulations on your knew Evoque, sounds like a great color combination.

#5 ·
Max,

I was always a fan of the way the Vehicross looked. It was unique. But, it wasn't very practical. It was pretty small on the inside and hard to get people in/out of the back. I think the Evoque is leaps and bounds beyond the Vehicross. Congrats again on the new purchase and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy it for years to come.

#7 ·
Thank you all !
Yes, the Vehicross was innovative, and I have to admit that for my purposes very functional. I wish I could have kept it. Isuzu also made a convertible model which appeared in "Mission To Mars", but never actually went into production; I guess because of the mixed reception of the VX.

As to my Evoque; I encountered the dreaded Engine Failure Light this morning after 7 days.
Incredulous.
But the dealer is being amazingly helpful and professional and I shall share the outcome.

#8 ·
As to my Evoque; I encountered the dreaded Engine Failure Light this morning after 7 days.
Incredulous.
But the dealer is being amazingly helpful and professional and I shall share the outcome.
I sure hope it is a positive outcome. Keep us up to date with it.

#9 ·
OK.
So spoke to the dealer and he has been amazing.
Mike White from Sudbury MA, Land Rover; wonderfully ethical and consumer responsive.
"Your car is now a demo. Choose from whatever is coming in, or just order per your specs. I'll give you full value trade in for a brand new model of your choice".
Definitely not the standard response: but it should be.
A demonstration of tremendous integrity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.