Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't say enough good things about these new Michelin Tour Latitude HP tires.
After purchasing the much wider 275-45-20 tires, I was a little concerned about how they would perform in the snow.
Well we got an additional 5-6 inches Friday night on top of what we already had....and the Evoque felt like it was on dry pavement.

The highway gas mileage while averaging 60 was 32.
(It did drop to 24 when averaging 83mph)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you put the tires on the stock wheels? Which wheels do you have? Do you get any rubbing when turning the steering wheel to full left or right lock?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installed them on black powder coated Ace Alloy Aspires
20" x 10" with a 40mm offset.
No rubbing at all.
They look "flush" with the fenders now.

Reactions: burtw47

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here you go.

My wife even says it looks a lot better
(And that's saying something from the woman who I shouldn't change a thing...)

PICT0003.JPG PICT0005.JPG PICT0002.JPG

Reactions: jes2tngo

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice Doug...see you went with the 275/45's. Glad to hear no Issues (as I said). As the warm weather approaches I'm itching to see how the range would look with 275/40's. As you know, will drop a full inch in diameter but do you think It will make much of a difference In appearance (ei sportier, cooler look). We discussed some but wondering your opinion. I know all the disadvantages of the lower profile just looking solely from an asthetic point of view. Thoughts??

Joseph

...don't want to spend the money if wont make much of a difference

·
Registered
19 Posts
Heard and read a lot of good reviews about this specific model. They are even good enough with a snowy road condition. But will this be a good off road tire or just enough to do mild off road activities?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never had the first "rub" They clear everything (at least with this wheel set up.....)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I meant paint damage because of stone chips and mud splashing since of the tire being slightly outside the wheel well?

Very nice rims by the way! What make are they?

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im looking to get all purposes tires as well. Went to dealer and they recommended either Continental or Michelin, with Michelin coming a little less expensive... I have the 19inch black LR rims and not sure which brand to go with... Tire size is 235/55/19.. should i go bigger?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I did 255/50/19 Yokohama YK580's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all...just today went in a different direction. purchased the 2016 LR4 landmark edition. I will no doubt miss my baby range and now have 4 beautiful low mileage 275-45-20s 4 of them for anyone who wants heir evoque to run in style!! they are 20 inch 9 spoke sparling silver rims with pirelli scorpian all seasons tires. All amazing. if interested reply to this thread will give you my cell and talk personally. pictures available to all serious,
thanks all...loved my evoque but time to move on :))

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you consider going with a 275/50/20 which is about one inch taller? I currently have 255/45/20s and want to go wider, and taller to fill the wheel wells better. I like the look of your tires, but wonder if "I" would want to go with 275/50s. Thoughts on going about one inch taller than what you have?

Here you go.

My wife even says it looks a lot better
(And that's saying something from the woman who I shouldn't change a thing...)

View attachment 1096 View attachment 1097 View attachment 1098

1 - 20 of 20 Posts