Evoque Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 3 month wait for my new white Prestige, got a call from dealer mon. morn and said got good news and bad news. Good news is your car is in, bad news is it got backed into by a semi at the truckstop.
It was the back lower car on the transport. Sooooo 4500 damage later, new tailgate and bumper , and 3 wks more I should get my evouqe. Not serious damage, but they have to special make the parts on the line because all parts are already specified to allotted cars. So im sure everything will be fine, just a little longer wait.

• :eek:

• :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am sure sorry to hear that. Has to be rough after waiting for 3 months to have to wait some more. At least it will be all new parts, no repaired parts.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was thinking about that the other day that if I got into an accident would they have parts to repair it yet.
I really do not want to think about that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Whenever you trade a car one of the first things a dealer will do is walk around your car with a paint thickness measuring device. This allows him to discover any damage and subsequent body shop work. Also, if work is discovered it will de-value your trade. I'd ask for a considerable discount on the car. How much?
My opinion 2K. Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
"Tested" my airbags in February, took nine weeks and $17k to repair the front end*. The part that took the longest to get was the leather dash pad. Needed to be replaced because the passenger side air bag deploys through it. That part alone was $1,500. Luckily no one was injured too bad and all of the damage was cosmetic. Took the hit right at the frame but was still in spec. Besides a face full of airbag, a minor concussion and a "missing" few minutes afterward, no major injuries here.

*(Hood repaired, bumper, drivers side head light & fender, bumper, drivers side camera, a few misc engine hoses, paint, etc.)

-Dano

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sorry to hear you were in a wreck, glad no one was seriously hurt. Nice to know the safety equipment works as it should.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts