Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 2013 Evoque Coupe and I need to replace the right rear hub bearing. I have the part but just need to start the job. Has anyone tried to do this or completed the job before? Need to know what tools I will need or if I need a bearing puller or whatnot. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
605 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

From looking at the Factory Service Manual it looks like you have to have six special tools, and a hydraulic press to do this job. It appears the wheel knuckle has to be removed, and a hydraulic press used to remove the bearing and re-install it. Honestly, it doesn't look like a DIY job, but that's just my opinion from what I see in the manual.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello! I have a 2013 Evoque Coupe and I need to replace the right rear hub bearing. I have the part but just need to start the job. Has anyone tried to do this or completed the job before? Need to know what tools I will need or if I need a bearing puller or whatnot. Thanks in advance!
were you able to replace it yourself?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve replaced it. You need a 10 ton claw bearing press, or larger if possible. And if you live in the land of salty roads.....you’re going to have a hell of a time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts