Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to tell the difference between the illuminated tread plates and the regular tread plates? I have what appears to be the illuminated plates - they are clear poly-carbonate letters embedded in the metal plate, and there appears to be lighting behind it. In fact, when the sun hits is a certain way, you can see the light blue. However, they simply don't light up when the door opens. I swear I saw them illuminated once at night, but I can't reproduce it.

My window sticker says tread plates, but they don't look like typical metal-stamped plates that you usually see on cars.

So I'm wondering - do I have them and they're simply not connected, or are the regular plates similar looking?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, this is an embarrassing story, but with a happy ending. Apparently, NO ONE knew the car had illuminated tread plates installed because the window sticker indicates standard tread plates. The reason they weren't illuminating, though, was pilot error. I had killed the interior lights. That also explains why the tailgate light stopped turning on when I opened the back. But the bonus is the tread plates weren't included in the price!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh crap...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts