Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordinary Pure, regular wheels.

Gives a very hard, bumpy ride. Does anyone else find this, or is it just my vehicle??

Don't understand why the Autoexpress driver power survey rated the Evoque as number 3 of ALL cars for ride.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ordinary Pure, regular wheels.

Gives a very hard, bumpy ride. Does anyone else find this, or is it just my vehicle??

Don't understand why the Autoexpress driver power survey rated the Evoque as number 3 of ALL cars for ride.
We're not having that issue on our end...in fact I find it to be a comfortable ride. How many miles do you have on yours? We just crossed 12,000

·
Registered
20 Posts
The tires may be over inflated and causing a hard ride.

When I took delivery on my 2012 Evoque the tires were inflated to 50lbs. I had to let air out of the tires and reset to the proper inflation. The inflation label on the drivers door jamb.

The ride of my Evoque is very smooth and quiet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes my tyres were way too over-inflated - but letting them down hasn't improved things (what do dealers do as their 'pre-delivery' checks??).

My Pure (deisel auto sd4) came with
Pirelli Scorpio Verde 235/60R18 107V M&S tyres

is this what other folk have ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually they say :pirelli Scorpio Verde all season 235/60R18 107V M&S tyres ( extra load in small print)

I don't want Mud&snow, nor extra load....

and the Pielli web site implies they are runflats too....

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Evoque 5 door Dynamic 2.0L T all wheel drive came with Continental Cross Contact UHP 235/55 R19. The Continental Tire website described the tire as to be used for high performance 4 wheel drive vehicles. The SD4 is not imported to the United States. Run flat tires do cause a hard ride.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You do not have runflats. However the "Verde" or "Green" label means less rolling resistance (for better fuel economy) and, therefore, perhaps a stiffer tire.

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Most vehicles that have run flats as standard equipment have no spare tire in the trunk. My MinI Cooper S with run flats didnt even have a lug nut wrench or a jack installed from the factory.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes, they make a runflat (which I may try at new tire time) but I do not think LR has gone to runflats. Should say on your tires and -- yeah I had runflats on my Corvette: no jack, spare, goo, nothing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Evoque pure plus and the ride quality is terrible. The acceleration is terrible as well, maybe because I drove a 2012 BMW 535i before. I dont like the car, it isnt as quiet as a 535i or A7. The built quality sucks as well compared to BMW.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I haven't seen an Evoque with Run Flats and would be very surprised if you purchased a new Evoque with Run Flats. The Pirelli Scorpion Verdes were very comfortable tires on my wife's Mazda CX-7. I've had the Continentals on 3 different Land Rovers, which came standard. I felt the ride diminished on all 3 vehicles after about 10,000 miles and were worn completely by 25-30,000 miles. I currently have the Yokohama YK580's, which was a big improvement in ride quality and noise level. The Evoque has a short wheelbase, just over 104 inches, which will contribute to a stiffer ride if you're use to a longer wheelbase vehicle whether it's a car, truck or SUV. A taller sidewall will cushion the ride. The larger the wheel the shorter the sidewall. A shorter sidewall will have less flex and a somewhat stiffer ride. A 5 series BMW has a considerably longer wheelbase than the Evoque...apples & oranges. My wife currently has a 2015 Chevy Traverse with 119 inch wheelbase and a taller tire than my Evoque. It rides like a limousine compared to my Evoque.

·
Registered
30 Posts
just got my RRE back from dealer so programming. As a loaner I got the LR2, and I can say that the RRE is way better in terms of ride.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Right, was considering replacing current tires with runflats. They are not offered by RR. I have a USA Dynamic with optional Magnetic Suspension and the ride is amazing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Personally I went with Yokohama Parada SpecX
We put Pirelli Scorpion Verde "plus" tires on at 33K miles... The ride is much better. The plus is the newest version of the tire and has a great ride and is very quiet... We are now at 39K miles and shows no wear. Also just put Akebono Euro Ceramic brake pads on. No more dust and after a couple of hundred miles the bite and brake feel is pretty good......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts