Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and happy Evoque owner for all of two weeks now!

Has anyone self installed the illuminated tread plates?

1) I dismantled the passenger side with no problem but to my dismay I couldn't find the "free" connector that's suppose to be there. I was afraid to go digging too deep and hurt anything.

2) How do you remove the side panel on the driver's side? Do you need to remove the hood release?

I just hate to have to pay to get this done, but don't want to risk causing any damage.

On the other hand, I did save money by easily installing the sports pedals myself. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
You don't really need to remove the side foot panel on the driver side since the hood release is there.

All you need to do is put the seat all the way back and lift the carpet right in front of the front edge of the side foot panel. Than you will see a plastic cover/channel cover, use a flathead screwdriver to pry up the plastic cover and you should see the free connector taped to the wire bundle. You can use a long needlenose ply to rip the tape and grab the connector and pull it out and you are good to go.

20121217_171924.jpg 20121217_172159.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pics and tips! I tried two more times but gave up as the plastic cover/channel cover seemed glued down and I was getting nervous about breaking a wire under there. The dealership charged $100 but I had a $35 coupon so I could live with the $65 fee. I LOVE the plates!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts