Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an instrument panel message showing a diagram of my evoque.. Both front tires were boxed (grayed and then the boxes turned blue). Anyone know what this means? I've scoured the manual with no luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I put mine in snow mode, the instrument cluster shows the outline of the vehicle and the direction the tires are turned. They move as you move the steering wheel. I assume it's because LR thinks you are in deep snow and might not be able to see which way the wheels are pointing (if you get stuck). Are you in snow, or any mode other than normal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I was in snow mode and in snow.. Thanks so much! I new it wasn't any type of warning but couldn't find anything in the manual that would reference that at all! Wish the manual showed all items that would display on the panel. Thanks again

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just saw that display for the first time today. I thought that's what it was displaying but found nothing in the manual about it. Shows you which way your wheels are turned in snow. Guess I needed to know that:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got a beautiful snow here in VA Beach, VA a week or so ago. I live on a culdesac and thought it would be fun to go out and try some donuts. In the snow mode, the car is displayed showing the wheels that are doing the most work (greyed out), and as everyone mentioned the direction of the front wheels.

I was disappointed with snow mode, completely unable to spin the car around. Did well getting through 6-8 inches of snow, but no awesome donuts. Anyway, I took it out of snow mode and attempted it again. The traction control took over and still no good donuts. But then, turn off the traction control too and now that was a lot of fun. The kids said it looked like a commercial. Snow was wiping 20 ft in the air in like a big wave. I wish I would have gotten a picture.

Overall, it is a breeze to drive in the snow, and I am really happy with it.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts