Evoque Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, never used a forum before so hoping this goes in the right thread. I have a 63 plate evoque. It's the bog standard 'pure' 2.2 diesel with a manual gear box. Recently I've been having intermittent issues with power. Mostly noticable when using cruise control but does sometimes have a dip in power when travelling up the gears. Speed doesn't seem to change it as I have the issue whatever speed I'm travelling, but usually over 40/50 mph, sometimes less. It feels almost like the car is braking everso slightly every few seconds and sometimes repeatedly. I took an hour and a half's journey today averaging 75 mph and it did it pretty much the whole time. It makes it a very irritating drive. The revs don't seem affected and the speedo never changes when it's happening. It doesn't happen when excellerating or braking and doesn't do it so often when travelling down hill. I'm at a loss of what to search for on Google and I don't have the funds to take it to land-rover.... Really hoping someone can shed some light on it even with my probably terrible explanation! TIA

·
Registered
7 Posts
It could be Cheap Diesel, we had problems similar to this from buying the cheapest fuel.It may be as simple as changing filling stations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? I have been using the cheaper fuel for quite sometime though and this problem has only developed in the last few weeks..... I'll give the more expensive stuff a try, thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, give it a try, my wife has the same model 2013 Diesel Auto. It was almost dieing at the side of the road, until we changed petrol stations. I cleaned the Mass Air Sensor with the special spray that helped as well, only use the Mass Air Sensor spray not Carburetor spray.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was told it was advisable to use diesel additives in the Evoque, because of the dpf issues. I use Archoil products, they do a Cleaner (AR6400-D MAX) that you put the whole bottle in and an additive you add a small amount each fill (AR6900D-MAX).
Mine is still too new to know whether I’m getting better results by using it, but I know it can't do any harm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told it was advisable to use diesel additives in the Evoque, because of the dpf issues. I use Archoil products, they do a Cleaner (AR6400-D MAX) that you put the whole bottle in and an additive you add a small amount each fill (AR6900D-MAX).
Mine is still too new to know whether I’m getting better results by using it, but I know it can't do any harm.
Yes I have ordered some diesel additive to try also!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,
I use a diesel additive (Nulon diesel fuel cleaner) ones every 6 months on my diesel 2.2 auto Evoque. I time the use of the diesel additive with a non-stop 1/2 hour cruise on a highway, to trigger the auto DPF cleaning cycle. So a 1 hr return trip. Coupled with (better) diesel fuels, this has provided a reliable drive from my Evoque.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have got some diesel booster to use and have filled up with supreme diesel. My journey times at the minute are around an hour and a half so hopefully I'll see a difference after that! Thanks for the information guys, I'll let you know if it fixes the problem 🤞🏼

1 - 9 of 9 Posts