Evoque Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I only use my iPod Touch for music in the car. I rarely listen to the radio. It connects just fine, the sound is great and the controls are on the screen so I can hide my iPod in the centre console. The issue I have is that after I play a few tracks or possibly skip a track, the display where it shows the "Title" of the song and "Time Elapsed" stall. The song keeps playing with no interruption. I can still skip tracks etc. with no problem. It seems like the system can't keep up with the iPod and once it falls behind, it stalls. So once the display stalls, it will stay like that until I disconnect the iPod and reconnect it. It's very annoying because it just looks bad (brand new car and the stereo is lagging) and I don't have my track information displayed on screen.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

I read that it might have to do with the iPod and how old it is. My iPod Touch is the first generation so it's old but it works just fine by itself and when I had it connected to other vehicles.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not try that but I'll try that tonight. You think it's the iPod Touch and not the Evoque? It seems like the Evoque is the one lagging.

Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
After trying the restore, and it doesn't work, I'd then ensure the iPod Touch is updated with the latest iOS fixes via iTunes. There are known issues with iTouch displays, especially first gens, freezing. Restoring, upgrading or restarting are your only options. I honestly don't believe it's the Evoque's OS.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so my car has been with the dealership for two days now. They were able to replicate the problem on my vehicle as well as another Evoque on the lot. They are trying to see what the issue is. My iPod touch is up to date. I'll hopefully hear from them today.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine has the same issue. It's the Evoque. They seem to use the cheapest, laggiest processor possible. That's my only theory.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think this is my biggest complaint with my new Evoque. The ipod/stereo system in general is very sluggish and has delays. If I try to skip a track, or to or three, it pauses between tracks, plays maybe 2 seconds of it first before going to the next one and repeating behavior. So if I want to skip say 3 songs, it takes about 12 seconds in all to get past them to the next track. Everyone comments on how slow it is... and often starts hitting buttons because they think the system is not responding. Frustrating.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK so I got my car back. They couldn't do anything more to it. The dealership says Land Rover Engineering is aware of the problem and is looking into it. Maybe in the future there will be a software patch that might fix the issue. He said it may also be the iPod Touch and the 1st generation not syncing properly.

And that's that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
They told me the exact same thing when I inquired about the missing offroad mode feature, that seems to be the line they give when they cant figure stuff out.

cpdjustice which model ipod do you have? I have a 80 gb ipod and it skips through songs pretty quick with barely any delay. I tried skipping 5 and it took 2 seconds and started. It seems very inconsistent among models.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder if it really has to anything to do with my iPod touch being the 1st Generation? I don't want to buy a new one just to test out the theory.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My iPhone 4S, via bluetooth or when physically connected, has no problems skipping through songs at a fair rate.

Although I do admit that the Evoque's OS after initial vehicle start and boot up is very slow to respond on the first input. After that it's fair (not lightening) and functional, but it could use a faster processor chip in the next generation.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine is also acting like the OP. Please keep this thread updated if any finds a fix. I love the Pretenders, but not 3x in a row.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Read my firsdt post back in 2011, same problems until I flashed the ECU at the dealership, problem seem to be resolved.
I also had a completely BLACK OUT in all steering controls, steering wheel was changed and the black out of the screen NAV appeared again...dealer did not find any problems! but it happens once in a while, so no big deal, my wife is the one driving this car now, I GAVE UP!

brazeagle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts