Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings to all, I just bought my 17 Evoque and as happy as I was the car having 20" rims before, I am not so happy now bcz the ride is rough and not so smooth. I am looking at tire sizes and I wonder if anyone has done this or thought about doing it, which is putting 265/45/20, or 255/45/20 instead of 245/45/20. My concern is if the tire will hit the wheelwell turning or will the tires hit the fender falling into bumps. Any input is appreciated. Thank you,

·
Super Moderator
564 Posts
Most complaints about poor ride quality, are due to incorrect tire pressure. Have you checked that the tires are at the pressures listed on the driver's door jam?

Just a thought:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most complaints about poor ride quality, are due to incorrect tire pressure. Have you checked that the tires are at the pressures listed on the driver's door jam?

Just a thought:)
I sure do appreciate the thought, but the air pressure is what they are supposed to be. I've spoken to people who have larger rims, and they confirm larger rims give you a rougher ride, regardless of tire pressure, which is why I thought if I go to a larger size tire that the distance from the edge to the rim is larger, the ride realistically should improve. I am wondering if anyone has done that with no issues.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a wheel dealer and have 20s and 22s on my Evoque's and larger wheels are not the problem it's sidewall height and tire brand that are going to really affect ride quality. I run 265/35-22 and 255/45-20 both and the ride is just fine. But without knowing which wheel you have and it's offset/width it is impossible to say whether a 265 will fit

Do you have runflats? They always ride terribly

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a wheel dealer and have 20s and 22s on my Evoque's and larger wheels are not the problem it's sidewall height and tire brand that are going to really affect ride quality. I run 265/35-22 and 255/45-20 both and the ride is just fine. But without knowing which wheel you have and it's offset/width it is impossible to say whether a 265 will fit

Do you have runflats? They always ride terribly

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. You are getting to the exact point I'm trying to understand. Did you have to use a lift kit or risers in order for the tires to clear turning and bumps or not?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts