Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find out if the split view screen on the Evoque works in the USA like it does in Europe? You know the view for the driver is Navigation and the view for the passenger is a DVD or TV?? It's pretty cool technology and what I saw on YouTube it makes me want it in my Evoque!!! So can anyone enlighten me on if we have this split screen view option on our Evoques in the United States?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The dual screen came out 2 years ago from LR sister company Jaguar in the XJ but I was told the dual view wasn't approved in the US but was trying to get approval. Not sure what's the latest status on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For safety reasons they rather have no infotainment systems on the front of the car. Its more of a legal issue and I doubt it will ever come to the US. I do think that some people might be able to hack or crack your system so you can watch a DVD while driving. I know a friend of mine was trying to do that on his escalade. Never got to it because there is really no use for it when moving other than entertaining your passenger but missing the valuable info that it displays while driving. Mind you that this is the entire screen doubt it can be set up for only half.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts