Evoque Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Evoque troubles began with loss of power when accelerating, which was first diagnosed as a bad VVT Solenoid. Replaced it and it ran for a day before the issue returned, this time codes indicated high pressure fuel pump. Changed it and immediately had a misfire in cylinder 3. LR checked it out and quoted me $18,000.00 in repairs to swap out the motor and turbo, saying the was no compression on #3 and the turbo was bad. As it was out of warranty and I owed about that amount in my loan I passed. I tore down the motor, photographing as I went and carefully bagging hardware and parts. Pulled the head, cleaned the valves and found that the piston in cylinder 3 had some damage and the rings were broken. Replaced the piston and honed the cylinder and put it all back together after turning the crank manually to ensure that the new piston was goo in the cylinder. In the process of reassembly I mistakenly crossed two hoses and ended up with coolant in the air system when I tried to start it. I have resolved this and have all components where they belong and fresh plugs after cycling the motor without plugs to flush out the cylinders. The car cranks but has a stall point during cranking sometimes and it has only turned over to run (very poorly and for about 15 seconds) one time, which occurred after spraying starting fluid on the air filter and in the cylinders. I marked and aligned the crank, cams and chain before I pulled the cam shafts and am confident that I reinstalled them to the same alignment but was not aware at the time that the crank pulley had a gap in the teeth so I know it was not in alignment with everything else. I pulled the valve cover and brought the cams to the same position as I had them originally, and aligned the teeth based on a photo taken during tear down in hope that this would be the solution but it didn’t change anything. Currently the only codes are P162F which is for cranking too Kung without start, and some old “Permanent” codes that were associated with the past issues (P0026, P0299, P0303, P0300, P144C). I checked the injectors and all have flow and open when energized, and the plugs all spark. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Two other things - my display says “Gearbox Fault, put in park before stopping” and I get a warning on my Mac screen about low battery and the system shutting down in 3 minutes if I don’t start the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts