Evoque Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So............. have had my Evoque for almost two days! Was thinking about doing some customizing in the engine compartment. My thought is to paint the black engine cover wrinkle finish red. My Evoque is orkney gray. The other thought is to have it painted orkney gray. Just kicking around some ideas. WOrst case is I ruin it and need to buy a new one but the cover is onlyu $94. so not a huge deal.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
So............. have had my Evoque for almost two days! Was thinking about doing some customizing in the engine compartment. My thought is to paint the black engine cover wrinkle finish red. My Evoque is orkney gray. The other thought is to have it painted orkney gray. Just kicking around some ideas. WOrst case is I ruin it and need to buy a new one but the cover is onlyu $94. so not a huge deal.

Thoughts?
My suggestion would be to use Plasti Dip. It is a spray on plastic, that comes in a lot of different colors. The great thing is, if you don't like it, or mess up the spray job, you can just peel it
off and start over. I used Plasti Dip to spray my front and back "skid plates" black. I think it looks better than the two tone silver.

Below is a link to some pictures from one of our members who did something similar to his skid plates, although he didn't use the Plasti Dip like I did.

http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque-accessories/319-repaint-front-rear-bumper.html

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip and link!

My suggestion would be to use Plasti Dip. It is a spray on plastic, that comes in a lot of different colors. The great thing is, if you don't like it, or mess up the spray job, you can just peel it
off and start over. I used Plasti Dip to spray my front and back "skid plates" black. I think it looks better than the two tone silver.

Below is a link to some pictures from one of our members who did something similar to his skid plates, although he didn't use the Plasti Dip like I did.

http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque-accessories/319-repaint-front-rear-bumper.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts