Evoque Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi evoquers,

I bought a second hand evoque pure 2018 model with auto transmission and 55k miles on it, the car is great in general but there is a flaw in the low gears change especially when the car is cold, it changes from 1st to 2nd and sometimes from 2nd to 3rd aggressively, i went to my Mecanic to check the transmission fluid and he said the level and oil status are good, he told me it might be something in the gear valves... 🤔

Just wanted to check if it's a common problem and is there a fix ( like a software update or so...).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just got a letter in the mail this week. Apparently, JLR has extended the manufacturer's warranty for five more years, or 62500mi, whichever comes first. Bear in mind, this is just for JLR North America, applies only to the transmission, and the model years 2014-2015 for the Evoque and 2015 for the Discovery Sport, so I guess this specific news doesn't apply to your 2018 model. They also offer vouchers for out of pocket expenses one may have incurred for transmission issues, and are redeemable for vehicle purchase from JLR, or vehicle service.

I myself have had no problems with the drivetrain whatsoever. Just a few electronic glitches, easily fixed (although a trip to my "local" JLR for servicing usually means most of the day, since I live about fifty miles away.

Perhaps there is a new program in place that addresses your model year. You might call and ask; the worse thing you'll find out is "no".

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts