Evoque Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Evoque HSE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here.
I know about the common problem with the door locks failing. Mine finally failed yesterday, specifically the driver side (USA). Both Lubing the lock and replacing the door latch have been suggested.

My question on this topic is about which to do. Is the lubrication just a temporary fix? Is the the spray a hit and miss hoping some of the lubricant will soak in somewhere some how?

I bought the car used and didn't even check the removable cover on the drivers door to use the key. I finally did and found it was glued in place! the "clips" on the plastic piece under the door handle are broken. I was able to clean it up without damage. The cover will not stay in place so I RTV'd in place knowing it would be OK for removal.
I looked for the part but can not find it or the part number or a diagram. Do I have to buy a whole handle to replace this part? Likely will need to replace the key cylinder too.

Recommendations?

·
Registered
2016 Evoque HSE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How about a PN for the door latch? I can't find one that I have confidence in. I have a 2016 HSE with Passive system. I found a UK source but they are RH drive so the key cover is on the right side not the left. Any help on this issue would be great.

I can lock the DS door internally and exit through the PS and use the passive locking. Passive unlock works on the DS too. Just can't lock it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts