Evoque Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just picked up my new 2014 Pure Plus with Premium Pkg and all the goodies. Vehicle is incredible EXCEPT the keyless isn't working. Tried everything including putting the key fob an inch from the handle and still not recognizing it. The buttons to unlock work no problem.

Anyone else have this issue? It has Keyless.

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
When you unlock the car, u just have to grab the door handle and open the door, with the keys in you pocket.

When you want to lock the car you just need to touch the rigged part on the door handle and it should lock. If you try to put your hand on the handle as if you are unlocking the car, its not going to lock n it will be confused. I hope these instructions help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response AAA86, I did try that and everything else. I had a 2013 with same features and no problems what so ever. For some reason this ones not working. Hopefully it's just a programming issue which I'll try and find online seeings how it's Sunday.

Doubt its the battery as it unlocked it from quite a distance away last night. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi ptterry. I finalized a lease on a 2014 Evoque Pure Plus on Wednesday and have the same problem entering the vehicle, even with the keyfob near the door handle. I had two Infinitis that were keyless so I am familiar with the process. I was hoping to find some information on the Internet and troubleshoot that way but I haven't found anything so I am going to call the dealer tomorrow and will share any information they provide.

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
Hi ptterry. I finalized a lease on a 2014 Evoque Pure Plus on Wednesday and have the same problem entering the vehicle, even with the keyfob near the door handle. I had two Infinitis that were keyless so I am familiar with the process. I was hoping to find some information on the Internet and troubleshoot that way but I haven't found anything so I am going to call the dealer tomorrow and will share any information they provide.
Elliedelacruz,

What you are really asking about is "Passive Entry". "Passive Entry" is an option that comes with the premium package on the Pure Plus. If you don't have the premium package, you don't have
Passive Entry, only "Keyless Entry": which means you push a button on a key fob rather than use a key to open a door.

The door handles are the same whether you have "Passive Entry" or not, with the two raised ridges on the door handles.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The loaner I'm in has the feature, opening unlocks every time but touching the ridged section to lock doesn't usually work. Works less times than not working.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey ellie, ya I wrote my salesguy today even though it was Sunday but he too is supposed to get back to me tomorrow.

I have the Pure Plus with Premium Pkg and other goodies, so is should be working. When I had my 2013 Pure with Pure Premium Pkg (that was last years name), it worked no problem everytime. And on every door handle too. I'll be shocked if they discontinued this feature for the 2014 as they've added so much more to the model.

I'll let you know what I hear tomorrow too.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The loaner I'm in has the feature, opening unlocks every time but touching the ridged section to lock doesn't usually work. Works less times than not working.
Gotta laugh! For some reason my left thumb when rubbed on the door handle ridge will not operate the door lock. But 100% no problem with my right -- even my nose makes it work! Left hand... nope.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Rsquared. That explains it, although I am disappointed. I leased two Infinitis that had the passive entry feature- I didn't have to pay extra and it worked 100% of the time with no issues. The buttons on the RRE keyfob are tiny and cumbersome to operate (this, coming from a female with petite hands). You would think for the price one pays for these vehicles they would include such a feature. I mean really they tease me by having the capability on the door handle but what's the use if it doesn't work. :mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can always look up your car on Topix and see if you have the option.

Ya, that's the first thing I checked was on TOPIx, but some of the stuff requires you to pay to get into further diagnostics.

Other problem is the place where I bought it is 2hrs from me.....they had the best numbers. Anyway, have an appt this Wed as they "think" it's a programming issue and "shouldn't be a charge"--appt place, not my dealer. Ya, I won't be paying for anything of such thank you lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE:

So they had to literally take my doors off and trunk to search for the issue as diagnostics came up dry. Turns out the module is fried so they ordered a new one. My Evoque is in pieces at the dealership and wondering how you would feel if this was your car 3 days after you purchased it. There were 4 issues discovered with it. How it got PDI'd is beyond me.

I've requested a new one and dealer has contacted LR but I'm sure this will get brushed under the carpet and a free oil change to follow, stay tuned........

·
Registered
373 Posts
Take the doors off... are you living in some "emerging" nation where they don't generally have cars. That's the most insane thing I've heard in years. You mean the actual doors or the interior panels? If the complete doors, they should be reassembled by a qualified body shop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts