Evoque Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am smitten with the Evoque and close to ordering mine but the one thing that repeatedly gives me pause is the lack of an opening sunroof. What has been your experience? Did you quickly get used to the fixed sunroof or is the lack of an opening something that makes you rethink your purchase? Ive tested about every similarly sized SUV and I cant shake the Evoque but I also love my sunroof. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I do miss opening a sun/moon roof. Rethink my purchase.....nooooo. It is the "sharpest" SUV so far.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a panoramic roof and I don't miss an opening feature. Several of my previous cars have had opening sunroofs and after a few years these sun roofs became an annoyance. Rattles would develop and the weather seals would become deteriorated from the blistering summer sun (I live in a very hot climate) resulting in water leaks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I test drove again yesterday with windows open and I can see this won't be a major issue for me. Now to find a dealer that's flexible on the price! Thanks again.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I read that evoque will have convertible but don't know if it is true or not. That could be an option. I too wished it opened but still love the looks of my evoque

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am a newbie owner, so I have limited experience, but the fact that the roof doesn't open wasn't a deal breaker for me. While driving, one hardly notices the ceiling anyway. The real experience is for passengers in the back seat. They can't get over it. Living in the Pacific Northwest means a roof that doesn't open really isn't a big deal, what with the rain and all. Maybe if I lived in SoCal it would be more of a factor, but then the air-con doesn't work, so don't let it stop you from getting a great car. Good luck.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Never have to worry if you left it open when it starts to rain...

·
Registered
23 Posts
For me personally, the lack of a moon roof is the single largest failing of the current design. I'm not a big fan of using the air conditioner. In order to get fresh air in I need to roll down the windows. At any speed I get buffeting and a lot of wind noise. Not good. It wasn't a show stopper for me when I made the purchase, but I won't have another new vehicle without a moon roof.

·
Registered
4 Posts
See ... I'm the reverse of above. I hate opening sunroofs, and go out of my way to find cars without them.

Part of that is living in NM, where anything that reduces solar gain is good. Part of that is being a long-torsoed 6'7, so anything that reduces headroom is bad.

When I had one, I never opened it. I have the Pure, so not even the pana roof; maybe I'd love it if I had it, but I don't miss it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lacking a Sunroof is only one item missing from such a beautiful SUV.
How about no "Grab Bars", No Compass, My Right Knee hitting and opening the Rear Hatch, Rear seats that do not fold flat......
Just my thoughts and needs....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lacking a Sunroof is only one item missing from such a beautiful SUV.
How about no "Grab Bars", No Compass, My Right Knee hitting and opening the Rear Hatch, Rear seats that do not fold flat......
Just my thoughts and needs....

My exact sentiments.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Every opening sunroof/moonroof I've had in a car has always ended up leaking. Audi, Honda, VW, Subaru, Volvo to name a few. The seals perish or the drain hoses disconnect. They also rob you of headroom. The non-opening panorama roof on the Evoque is great in my opinion.
I'd agree with Joh on the lack of grab bars. A compass is a novelty in a car so I don't miss having one, and the not-quite-flat folding rear seats aren't an issue. The most I've had in the back is 4 tyres for the winter tyre swap and they fit without any issue.
Honestly the single biggest wish list item for me would be memory passenger seat. I regularly drive our office lunch group, and having to manually find her comfy seat position after they've been in my car drives my wife nuts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Exactly, I do miss an opening sun roof, and opening the front windows without opening the rear windows sets up a vibration that feels like it will knock you off the road. I came close to buying Toureg instead because of the full-roof sun roof. Your list should also include the lack of a useable multimedia interface.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts