Evoque Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the largest diamter tire that will fit without cutting anything. I don't mind heating/reforming plastic, but no metal cutting.The largest i've been able to find on this site was 30.5", can i go bigger?

·
Registered
68 Posts
what is your goal? Tire size has a great impact on handling. Are you willing to jeopardize this aspect of the Evoque?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is your goal? Tire size has a great impact on handling. Are you willing to jeopardize this aspect of the Evoque?
Yes, I am. Looking for better soft sand capability and a little differnt look than most. I'd like to run a smaller wheel size and have more profile.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I you have not checked my thread in this forum please do so. It's entitled "God, I Hope This works". Regardless, wheel offset and tire width also make a difference. The greatest concern is the front wheel wells when the steering wheel is turned full over. Check the front and rear of the wheel wells for clearence.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I you have not checked my thread in this forum please do so. It's entitled "God, I Hope This works". Regardless, wheel offset and tire width also make a difference. The greatest concern is the front wheel wells when the steering wheel is turned full over. Check the front and rear of the wheel wells for clearence.
I saw your thread and that's where i gathered that 30.5" will fit, just not sure if that's the max on diameter or not.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Folks,
FWIW, it's not the diameter of the wheel or tire. It's the total diameter of both. I believe someone on this site has put 22 inch wheels on their car but of course the sidewall of his tires must be minimal. The rims and tires link in my thread mentioned above is a very good tool. As with most cars the wheel offset and tire width must be considered so the front tires don't rub against the wheel wells in turns. One must also know how the tire sizes are determined.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts