Evoque Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to do this? I know why the system is designed not to allow it but I'd love to be able to lock it whilst it's warming up some mornings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe the only way is to start the vehicle, open the window, exit the Evoque then lock the doors by pressing the button inside by leaning in through the open window, then quickly lift the button to close the window and move your arm!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Buddy, when it's -40 it takes longer than a minute, believe me
Let me get this straight, you're going outside in -40 (C or F the same at this temperature), start your car, then reach in the window to lock it, then dash back inside your home and wait for the car to warm up? Where would you be located where the temperature is -40 for starters? I suggest an engine block heater or just suck it up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me get this straight, you're going outside in -40 (C or F the same at this temperature), start your car, then reach in the window to lock it, then dash back inside your home and wait for the car to warm up? Where would you be located where the temperature is -40 for starters? I suggest an engine block heater or just suck it up.
All I asked was can the vehicle be locked, externally whilst the engine is running. Does that offend you or something?

"Suck it up" real helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
On my 2012 I get in start and can get out and lock the door with the fob in my pocket...

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
Really? Wonder why I can't. Refuses to lock on my 2012.

Thanks for the response. Appreciate it
Just gave this a try with my MY2013 Evoque Coupe. Wouldn't lock, received two short beeps from the horn, the standard reaction from a miss lock... doors open, bonnet not closed etc.

·
Registered
518 Posts
My apologies, it's my wife's car that I can get out with the key in my pocket not mine. I move cars around on the driveway all the time and lose track... The Evoque just double beeps the horn like Rsquared said.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sorry for the reverse sarcasm. Are you really worried about someone stealing your car at -40? Didn't know car thieves operated at those temps?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for the reverse sarcasm. Are you really worried about someone stealing your car at -40? Didn't know car thieves operated at those temps?
That's a good question. -40 was a bit of a freak occurrence last winter. -20 would be more realistic regularly I guess. It's not really a massive big deal for me but I didn't see any harm in asking.

On the focus St I had prior to the evoque, If you held the key fob against the glass of the drivers door once closed it was possible to lock the doors whilst the engine was still running. It just came in handy on those freak days.

Thanks again for the reply 🏻

1 - 15 of 15 Posts