Evoque Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
My Evoque makes all the right noises/light flashes/mirrors folding when locking with both the remote and by using the door handle sensor. I’ve also tried locking using the key inside the remote. However, it isn’t locked and can be opened by simply pulling on any handle from the outside.
This suggests faulty locks but if you get into the car and lock the car from inside, all the doors lock and cannot be opened from the outside???
We did lose the 2nd set of keys/remote many months ago but have searched and searched the car without joy. If they were still somewhere in the car, could this stop the car locking from the outside?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi.
My Evoque makes all the right noises/light flashes/mirrors folding when locking with both the remote and by using the door handle sensor. I’ve also tried locking using the key inside the remote. However, it isn’t locked and can be opened by simply pulling on any handle from the outside.
This suggests faulty locks but if you get into the car and lock the car from inside, all the doors lock and cannot be opened from the outside???
We did lose the 2nd set of keys/remote many months ago but have searched and searched the car without joy. If they were still somewhere in the car, could this stop the car locking from the outside?
If you have your key in your pocket, of course the doors will open from the outside when you pull on any handle. Lock the car (so the mirrors are folded in) Go put the key in your house or apartment and then come try to pull on any handle. You won't be able to get in without the key in your pocket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts