Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a 2015 Pure Plus. I have to do a lot of travel and have a smaller (20lb) dog who travels with me. I'm finding that I cannot lock him in the car with the engine running (for a/c) while I make a stop on the road to use the restroom.
Is there any solution to this? I stopped at the Land Rover dealership and they tried several things and then ultimately said it can't be done. Have I really purchased a vehicle that I cannot drive if I need to make stops while keeping my dog safely locked inside?
Thank you for any help!

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I think the non-locking while running, would have to be considered a safety feature. I have seen others complain about not being able to do this, to warm up their car in the driveway in the winter. I'm not sure if other manufacturers with keyless start, also prevent you from locking while running. Maybe a member that has, or had, a different marque with keyless start could comment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well one long way around this but at least you can get this done. Exit the vehicle and use the incontrol remote start/set climate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts