Evoque Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had small plasticy creaking/crackling sounds over every road imperfection. I found it it was mostly coming from the door seals. I went all around the door seals for all doors and rear hatch with 303 vinyl cleaner and then 303 vinyl protectant and it stopped it for a few moths. I had seen glowing reviews for a product called Gummi Pflege for this kind of problem. So when the noise returned I used it and it didn't seem to fix the problem. I went over everything with 303 and it went away again.

Do you have the adaptive damping? I just looked those up and they are $1000 for each strut!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the RR line is crap to be honest. This is the second Range rover I have had, the first being the Big body HSE and now the Evoque. I will tell you that it will be my last. I have never owned such an unreliable vehicle in my life. I will be moving on after this RR

·
Registered
43 Posts
We have owned our 2015 since new, have had it now 5 years wit about 40k miles on it. Nothing major issues. Only complaint is the 9 speed transmission, it shifts hard from 4 to 5 when it is cold. The loaner, 2017 or 2016 model had the same issue. Too many gears for computers to handle. Engine is essentially 2.0 Ford Ecoboost and transmission German ZF. Rear diff comes from Sweden. It drives great and has plenty of power, ride is on the hard side. It is not a family car, trunk is small but rear seats backs can be lowered for more space.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Silicon based rubber conditioners do the trick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had 60k miles on mine when I traded it in. I bought it with 20k. No issues in the two years I had it. Only time it went to the dealer was for a differential which was replaced.

I traded mine in for the big body supercharged.

There’s no reason to go to the dealer to service this truck. It’s a Ford motor and the labor is cheap if you find a honest mechanic. Most like to rip people off based on seeing the RR badge. Parts can find be found for cheap after some digging on your part.

The dealer here charges $400 for an oil change. No matter if you have the Evoque, velar, sport, big body. Most people that have these cars don’t care but you can own these trucks without it costing an arm and leg.

I have a velar loaner now and it has the same creaks and rattles. The same vibration at idle. The sport and the big body do not have these issues. It must be the nature of the materials used in the Evoque and velar.

Btw the 2012 Evoque first gen still looks 90% the same as the new model Evoque. A great looking truck that can be had for a steal in the used car market.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just remembered the truck was into the dealer for rattles and creaks as a warranty issue. They had replaced the whole headliner and sun glasses holder and some seat belts. The truck was rattling when I left after that repair. So there’s that.

Really the only fix is having the music up.

Speaking of the music the stock Meriden sound system is really good too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2012 PURE purchased New in 2012. 47k miles to date.

items that failed: 1) Homelink and passenger lighted mirror sunvisor simultaneously died . . . NO fix to date. And it will need wire tracing to find defect in wire harness for "short". 2) Exhaust manifold crack resulting in high gas consumption . . . Dealer replaced under Warranty. 3) Battery Died . . . DIY Fix. 4) Replaced Items: Brakes Worn . . . DIY Fix, New Tires.
> This vehicle seems to be fairly reliable . . . so far . . . as everything else works as expected. I'm dreading the fuel pump and Turbo to go next.
When the Evoque came out . . . the design was stunning and I thought I'd get a more reliable Rover since still owning and driving a 1998 P38 Range Rover 4.0SE that is more of a higher maintenance, gas guzzler of a truck.

My suggestion is that if you are NOT a DIY, hands on guy . . . stay away from Range Rover . . . unless you are willing to spend $$$$

3fz

·
Registered
26 Posts
MDX------by all means. 2013 here---and already had a fuel pump/sensor go bad ($2000)--interior light comes on at will-----aux plug-in in cubby box stopped working-----now I have a "transmission fault--reduced traction" message ------------------------54,000 miles. Love the ride--and the looks but I want more reliability.

·
Registered
205 Posts
2012 PURE purchased New in 2012. 47k miles to date.

items that failed: 1) Homelink and passenger lighted mirror sunvisor simultaneously died . . . NO fix to date. And it will need wire tracing to find defect in wire harness for "short". 2) Exhaust manifold crack resulting in high gas consumption . . . Dealer replaced under Warranty. 3) Battery Died . . . DIY Fix. 4) Replaced Items: Brakes Worn . . . DIY Fix, New Tires.
> This vehicle seems to be fairly reliable . . . so far . . . as everything else works as expected. I'm dreading the fuel pump and Turbo to go next.
When the Evoque came out . . . the design was stunning and I thought I'd get a more reliable Rover since still owning and driving a 1998 P38 Range Rover 4.0SE that is more of a higher maintenance, gas guzzler of a truck.

My suggestion is that if you are NOT a DIY, hands on guy . . . stay away from Range Rover . . . unless you are willing to spend $$$$

3fz

What everyone calls the "turbo failure" is actually the exhaust manifold failure. It usually cracks up near where it attaches to the head or internally down where it attaches to the actual "cartridge" of the turbo. It is referred to as a turbo failure because the exhaust manifold and turbo unit are sold as a unit (even though they are easily separated).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Turbo and Fuel Pump Issues

What everyone calls the "turbo failure" is actually the exhaust manifold failure. It usually cracks up near where it attaches to the head or internally down where it attaches to the actual "cartridge" of the turbo. It is referred to as a turbo failure because the exhaust manifold and turbo unit are sold as a unit (even though they are easily separated).
So . . . in effect . . . Dealer replaced the Turbo/Exhaust Manifold as one assembly? That's a comforting feeling in narrowing THAT weak link fix anticipated . . . for at least another 40k miles. Fuel pump failure is another item of concern.

Re. Fuel Pump : when failure is to occur . . . rather than R&R . . . can I run an inline ["T" fuel line] aftermarket electric fuel pump [equivalent pressure/capacity rated . . . ] and leave existing pump [disconnect power] in place?? This idea has been implemented, successfully, on other vehicles with "hard to reach" fuel pumps. Has anyone considered/done this on an Evoque? This is a matter of economics . . . as my Pure is now out of warranty and now looking into DIY possible solutions.

Thanks, in advance.
3fz:cool:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts