Evoque Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE
Thanks you guys for the concerned raised here, Yes, so here is the car report: Get Instant Vehicle History Report, I bought the car report from this site which is really incase you guys interested: Detailed Vehicle History Report For any Vehicle - VIN CHECK , please have a look at the report, In my opinion the damage seems not serious. Give me your suggestion.

Hello guys
Thanks for creating this awesome forum and meeting wonderful people here. I am looking to get a 2017 Range Rover Evoque or anything similar but I'm really interested in this one, unfortunately this car has salvage title and I am looking to the community to check if there is anything else I should be looking out for while doing my inspection day, and I will purchase the car report to see damage and other details.

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection today:

noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $ 33,500 and it has 51000 miles with a Salvage Title.

If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks

Wheel Tire Car Sky Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Sky Wheel Tire
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Sky

·
Registered
8 Posts
One should always exercise great caution before buying any vehicle with a salvage title. Get a thorough independent inspection by a mechanic who knows RR's. Check with your insurance company to see if they will insure it, many insurers refuse to insure salvage cars. Also, salvage cars sell well below market price, at least 20% below. If the seller is asking near Blue Book and won't negotiate, then walk.

·
Registered
2012 Evoque, 71K miles
22 Posts
SALVP is how the VIN begins on my 2012 Evoque. Is that a salvage vehicle? How does one specifically identify vehicle as being salvaged?

(paid $26k for it from a dealership in Jan 2018 w 27k miles on the odometer. It now has 71K miles. The major issue at 54K miles was a failed cylinder 4 injector, and cracked exhaust manifold. Dealership charge was $2270, warranty paid most, our cost was $890.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
SALVP is how the VIN begins on my 2012 Evoque. Is that a salvage vehicle? How does one specifically identify vehicle as being salvaged?
You'll be happy to know that SALVP does not indicate a salvage title. SA=United Kingdom, L=Land Rover. VP is a code that means Evoque.

Most dealers will not sell salvage cars; if they do, they are required in the U.S. to disclose that fact to you. You can try entering your full VIN at www.vehiclehistory.com. Last I checked they do free VIN reports.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ohhh, the irony here. Sorry, I just couldn't let this go in light of the (in my case, undeserved) reputation for reliability...no hold on...it isn't that. For UNreliability that JLR products have earned in popular culture over the years. The fact that the vin# starts with the first four letters of SALVAGE, when the car hasn't even been sold yet? Perhaps this is why JLR has that reputation, again, wholly undeserved in my own experience. in the first place. Cheers (Good luck in your search for the Evoque you want. Mine is the most reliable car I've ever owned -MJ)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts