Evoque Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Magnaflow is advertising a stainles exhaust system for the Evoque. For the 3 door coupe #15066 and the 5 door #15065 for about $750. Louder but any performance gain? They say dyno tuned but most statements are about the sound of the system. Unless there is a performance upgrade certified with their dyno results showing a performance increase over the stock system the cost of the system for a performance 'sound' the system isn't worth the price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Breather mods (intake/exhaust) have very little performace gain on any car without properly tuning the A/F ratios. It will make it louder, but without a proper tune, that is it.

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
So has anyone tried the Magnaflow exhaust yet? MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Some woman texting while driving popped me in the rear just enough to push in the right side about an inch or so. After crawling under I saw that it bent the muffler on the inlet side. Rover said about $700 to replace. As mstraka noted this Magnaflow is about the same price.
Sorry to hear of your mishap. Glad it wasn't anything worse than a bent exhaust, and no one was hurt.

Distracted driving is becoming more of a problem everyday!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So has anyone tried the Magnaflow exhaust yet? MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Some woman texting while driving popped me in the rear just enough to push in the right side about an inch or so. After crawling under I saw that it bent the muffler on the inlet side. Rover said about $700 to replace. As mstraka noted this Magnaflow is about the same price.
I hope you go with the Magnaflow system as I'd like to hear you feedback on the system. Be careful who would do the work as a good muffler shop is needed for the installation. Aftermarket systems need adjustments to fit well. If the shop doesn't have the equipment and experience to fabricate a complete custom exhaust system I wouldn't have them do the installation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone get one of these yet ? ITs a old post but im on the hunt for some performance parts . Curious to see what worked and what didn't even if its a different brand.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just did intake and wow turbo heaven you can hear the blow off and hissing pretty badass.
Who is the manufacturer and part#? I've never been able to find an aftermarket induction system for the Evoque. It appears that you have no aftermarket airbox / hot air deflector to use with the new filter. As a result won't the hot engine air sucked through the filter reduce the air density and the air/fuel mixture? The factory airbox, although somewhat restrictive, allows only cool outside air to the filter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It was on eBay for $29 and the sensor,fits,like a freaking glove, was designed for the chevy cobalt which somehow uses,the exact MAF type sensor, as to the heat. This engine doesn't build much heat and I've,had no,problems thus far, the stock air duct was very small and didn't really get much outside air anyways, i do want to warn that if you do this mod, you do have to let it idle for 15 mins to learn the computer, it will throw a code, erase it and repeat so it can learn fresh, no check engine light so far, works really well and dam, the turbo sounds like a WRX, blowoff and all just badass, I have zero lag in acceleration, and if peddal is pressed it goes instantly, used to take about 2 seconds to launch lol. I highly recommend. Just be careful with the sensor it's $200 to replace if you even touch it wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Skythizle any chance you can post a short video just some normal driving? I have put CAI or short rams on every vehicle I have owned with varying results performance wise. I could be interested in this to as long as it's not obnoxious and for 40 why not.
Have you had issues since the initial codes at installation?

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I threw 4 codes and without expensive tuning I had to go back to stock. I did however remove the air box and mounted an k&n 33_2990 without a cover now its perfect. No codes whatsoever and nice clean sound and turbo blowoff been 2 weeks no problem. Gas mileage about same.

·
Registered
42 Posts
f
So I threw 4 codes and without expensive tuning I had to go back to stock. I did however remove the air box and mounted an k&n 33_2990 without a cover now its perfect. No codes whatsoever and nice clean sound and turbo blowoff been 2 weeks no problem. Gas mileage about same.
Well that sucks to hear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts