Evoque Forums banner

Mirror not unfolding sometimes

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RoverFan 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 Range Rover Evoque Delux. For some reason, the passenger side mirror has been not unfolding. Occasionally it does but most times it does not. Also kind of strange but it looks a little scuffed in the area that the mirror would normally cover when it's folded. If it had hit anything then the mirror would have been damaged too but it's perfectly fine. It's possible it could be from a prior accident but it's been working fine for a year since I've had the car. Any ideas? Also if it pops out is there a way to lock it so they don't fold in? Thanks for the help!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

If you want to disable the folding mirror option altogether, it can be done, but only by the dealer connecting the car to the JLR diagnostic system, and turning off the option. I actually had this done when I picked up our MY13 Coupe. I had them reactivate the option at the first service, as I changed my mind.

I'm sure there will be a charge from the dealer to do this, but it may be cheaper than having the mirror fixed/replaced.

#5 ·
I'd really just like to know where the screw is to tighten the whole mirror as it moves back and forth when I drive. Is it under the clear plastic cover? If so how do you open that without braking it? Hubby is no help dealers ignore me n I'm getting pissed so please someone Help.
:(

#7 ·
When I first saw that the side mirrors fold in everytime you lock the doors, I was not too happy about it, because THEY OBVIOUSLY WIILL WEAR faster than if they did not fold at all. Same with locking doors, because anything mechanical cannot run forever. On my last Rover, a Discovery II, I reprogramed the control module so all doors were locked, and whenever I unlock/lock doors, ONLY the drive's door would lock each time, far less wearing on lock mechanism of other three doors. Same now applies to side mirrors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.