Evoque Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i just put an order down for a dynamic coupe on august 10th 2012. I read that from august 20th onwards, the models manufactured will be the MY13 versions. I have a question. When i signed up for the dynamic, they have the aeroflip spoiler that comes as standard, but my car obviously will be manufactured in the MY13 version, does that mean that it wont come with the aeroflip spoiler anymore? Hope someone is able to enlighten me on this as i signed up because i of the looks of the aero spoiler, otherwise i would have just gone for the prestige instead. Someone pls advice and thank you for taking the time and reading my post.

regards

adrian

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would call the dealer and make sure they order it with the spoiler. It is now a cost option on the 2013's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all, thanks much for your comments. I called up the dealership and they were kind enough to actually include that in the car already. It is an option like what you folks have mentioned, but the option is at SGD $480 and they have thrown it in for free. I guess its like what a fellow forumer has said, always ask and you will get it! In addition, i also got the black glossy 20 inch rims as well to complete the look. Now patiently waiting for the ride to arrive sometime before xmas, they havent given me a manufacturing date, just that arrival is estimated somewhere before xmas this year. cross my fingers there wont be any delay at all!

adrian

I was told $575 plus painting and installation.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Adrian, are you in Singapore? I ask because of the statement about SGD. Glad you were able to get the spoiler.

I love it there, but man is it expensive. I have spent a couple months there in various technical classes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI dave, yes i am in singapore. glad you like it here. yea they threw in the spoiler as their reason was that customers would expect the spoiler to be there in the first place regardless if its MY12 or MY13 versions, which chances are, customers hardly bother to begin with. Sounds like a logical explanation. But i was surprised that the agents didnt know that the spoiler wouldnt be there, now they do, so they are going to manually remove the spoilers from the local dynamic variants and tell future clients about the options instead.

Its now a waiting game and I am slowly counting down the days. PRoblem is they havent even confirmed my manufacturing date as we speak so hoping for a delivery before xmas is a long shot, but its worth hoping i guess!

adrian

·
Registered
59 Posts
@Dave: It's definitely god awful expensive to live there. If I'm not mistaken, aren't the Evoque's prices hitting north of 250kSGD? That's about 200 grand US dollars :p (I'm including COE prices)

·
Registered
326 Posts
@Dave: It's definitely god awful expensive to live there. If I'm not mistaken, aren't the Evoque's prices hitting north of 250kSGD? That's about 200 grand US dollars :p (I'm including COE prices)
I know, I looked at the price of a new Harley while there, more than twice the cost in the states.

I had a Job offer with a company to work in Singapore for five years. Cost of living was crazy, even with the company paying for my place to live, It would not have increased my income.

I really would have like to have worked there for five years, would have been a great way to see that part of the world. I really enjoy the culture and things to do in Singapore. Sentosa is great. China town is fun and I love Clark Quay and Boat Quay. The Zoo is fantastic and so is the Bird Park.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HI dave, yea the evoque is about $270,000 or so. its steep here. I guess after a while, people do get used to the prices here. It does get a little expensive to stay here with all the costs going up. Yea sentosa is fun, and so is chinatown, sure hope that you tried the local food there though! One of the best food you can find in singapore over at chinatown!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes, I tried lots of the local food, both at some of the street stands, and at some nicer resturants. I love the Chillie Crab. The food in China town was great. I pretty much only ate local type foods, stayed away from Western chain places.

Wow, that is a lot of money for an Evoque. Not sure I could ever get use to those prices, unless the wage matched.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That price includes the COE and Road Tax? Been to Singapore as well on business a few times the past few months. I don't know how people can afford their cars over there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea thats the price with COE and road tax for the first year. It excludes insurance which would be about SGD $2200 or so.

·
Registered
326 Posts
That price includes the COE and Road Tax? Been to Singapore as well on business a few times the past few months. I don't know how people can afford their cars over there.
Very true, I do not know how they can afford the cars either. I have also never been to a city where I have seen more exotic high dollar itilain and other sports cars in one area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha, well its called instalments mate..:) i guess eventually you will get used to the prices. Take for instance, taxation in USA is staggering, its probably twice of what we pay here and i do ask myself how do i even bear to pay that much taxes. I guess its the same for cars and housing over in SG, its all about instalments and over in SIngpaore, there is a saying....Asset Rich, cash poor..:D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well most of us in the USA have to do intalments also. I have heard the asset rich, cash poor...could be me LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts