1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not trying to be rude but what you're asking doesn't make much sense?? Clearly the Navigation will work while you're driving.......otherwise what's the point? I have a new Evoque and the Navigation works just fine, and while I'm driving as well. Are you trying to see if the Nav system will play a DVD while in motion??? If thats the question I don't think it will. I know in Europe and other countries you get a split screen for the passenger to watch a DVD and the driver gets a Nav screen. But I don't think it works that way here in the States? Let me know if this helps you out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not trying to be rude but what you're asking doesn't make much sense?? Clearly the Navigation will work while you're driving.......otherwise what's the point? I have a new Evoque and the Navigation works just fine, and while I'm driving as well. Are you trying to see if the Nav system will play a DVD while in motion??? If thats the question I don't think it will. I know in Europe and other countries you get a split screen for the passenger to watch a DVD and the driver gets a Nav screen. But I don't think it works that way here in the States? Let me know if this helps you out.
Sorry if I did not explain myself well....What I want to know is if new information can be programmed into the Nav system while driving. Many systems require the vehicle to be at a stop before you can enter a destination. My current vehicle allows me to enter data whether or not the vehicle is rolling, but apparently that is the exception in the industry due to safety concerns. Does the Evoque's system allow all data entry/destination modification, regardless of whether you are rolling?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Jaguar XF 2010 won't allow me to enter new way points while driving. I have to stop and enter a new address. That is not the case with my Garmin Nuvi.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's not very usable while not moving... and it's about the same amount of not usable when moving. You have to press a million buttons with a pause between each one to get somewhere and then when it doesn't have the listing you need it's a million pause buttons to back track and start over looking a different way. I usually give up and pull out my cell phone to have it give me directions from my current location to where I'm going. Works for free on both iPhone and Android phones, Google App or Maps App. The Garmin in my last car was nice, I miss it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
56 Posts
bambam, what's your take on the Nav system's quality?
I like it, it is still a NAv system that has it corks. That and the picking routes is weird, I am use to my Hummer choosing the shortest and fastest route. But over all I am likeing the voice commands. This way when I am driving I can still put in an address just by talking. VERY HANDY!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
85 Posts
I haven't used my onboard GPS much, but even if it allowed programing while moving, I think you would be asking for trouble. First of all, I find the programming screens difficult to read while driving. Maybe I have "tunnel vision". On my old Garmin, I was able to program that while moving, but I think the input screens on the Garmin were better or maybe I was just used to them. The factory GPS does had 5 or 6 favorite position to store "home" and other places that you might like to have handy.

That said, I think the factory GPS is fine and as good as other factory GPS systems I've had.

NOW FOR THE BIG RANT. As others have posted here, the heated windshield system (whether it's on or off) blocks out portable GPS signals. I'm a big Garmin Nuvi fan and probably wouldn't had ordered the factory system if I had a choice. Since it came buried in the Pure Premium package, it was on my vehicle which was lucky since my Garmin is useless. Today I did a test drive. Mounting the Garmin on the dashboard totally didn't work. I then lowered my driver's side window and held the Garmin there where it immediately locked on, but I'm not likely to be driving around holding my Garmin out the window in order to get a signal. After a strong lock on, I moved it back to the dash where it "petered out" very quickly, again showing NO signal strength.

How in the world can RR sell vehicles that can't use portable GPS units? At the very least, they should make the factory GPS STANDARD equipment if a buyer can not use a portable unit in the vehicle. What a massive crock this is! And on top of this, it looks like this heated windshield ALSO blanks out my ezpass. I did a test drive on an ezpass road today and so far, I have had my account debited. This particular toll road is on an honor system where the driver is suppose to have an ezpass if he drives in the ezpass lane, but it's on a honor system so I won't get "dinged" if my ezpass didn't read on this road.

I read somewhere that if I mount the ezpass on the moon roof, it will work fine there. We just got a new toll bridge that I was counting on using the ezpass for and quite frankly, I will be VERY PISSED off if it doesn't work on the moon roof. Once again, how in the hell does RR get away with using a electronic windshield that screws up portable GPS units and also prevents ezpass reader from working correctly?

Hey, RR, are you paying attention? I'm wondering if the entire RR product line has this same problem with the heated windshield?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts