Evoque Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The service manager said the injectors were dirty on the combustion side with the carbon build up. They called yesterday and said everything was good to go but they wanted to start it cold and test drive it this morning. The check engine light is back on after the test drive!

·
Super Moderator
658 Posts
The service manager said the injectors were dirty on the combustion side with the carbon build up. They called yesterday and said everything was good to go but they wanted to start it cold and test drive it this morning. The check engine light is back on after the test drive!
Sorry to hear they haven’t found the problem with your Evoque. I think we get lured into thinking that in this day and age, all the dealer has to do is plug the vehicle into their diagnostic equipment,
and the problem will be instantly pinpointed.

When I accumulate some more mileage on our Evoque, only have 3,100 miles after 20 months, I plan to add a bottle
of Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner to a tank of gas. This should help keep the injectors free of carbon.
I have used Techron for years, and it works really well. The only thing with direct injection is, because only air
passes over the top of the intake valves, the valves don’t get cleaned as in previous fuel injected engines.

Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hallelujah! I got my Coupe back today! April repairs posted under amber check engine light and all I have posted here were related. The final culprit was probably the least expensive of all the parts service replaced. It was a "hose" feeding the fuel rail. It had developed mini pin hole leaks which acted like a soaker hose rather than a water hose, their discription. It's running great! It felt like Christmas today! I met with the service manager and the tech who performed the work. He was concerned about the gas I use and where I purchase due to the carbon build up on the injectors at 44,000 miles. I use top grade all the time with the majority purchased from Shell. Top grade in my part of Texas is 93 octane. The tech said I should use lower grade every few tanks. Who knew?Fingers crossed. I will update after driving for a little while.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hmmm so he is saying u should use cheaper gas sometimes? 87 is the cheapest in Georgia. U know that u are very close to the warranty expiring and I've been told by a lot of mechanics land rover products are the most expensive to fix. I love my evoque ( only 24500 miles so far), but when it is getting close for warranty to expire, I think I am going to look into a new evoque....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Glad the Evo is back and running good. Never heard of using lower grade gas to avoid carbon build up. Wonder what the science is behind that idea?
DV that's the first time I heard it also. The tech claims the higher the grade or octane of gas the more additives to produce the octane level. I asked about fuel injector cleaning additives and he said we should never use it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts