Evoque Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email from my dealer today (4-8-14) informing me of a new free software update for my Evoque. I've already had the Q255 update done last fall. I asked what this one was supposed to address and they stated it was an emissions update. He said I should plan on an hour for the update and the dealer would supply a loaner for any time I needed to drop the vehicle off. I plan to get it in done sometime later this week or next. I'm posting to make others aware of this new update and to ask if any other members have been notified of this update - or if you've had the update done.Thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just got mine back! It was Q379 which was basically a re-flash. Paperwork says Cause: Software error. 129013 Tune - download - engine management ECU. Performed Q379 reconfigured PCM per bulletin instructions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked TOPIx and it says mine has an outstanding campaign. Q379 - FUEL REGULATION
Fuel Regulation? Maybe now we'll get the fuel mileage Land Rover advertised we would. I'm showing around 22-23 MPG on the computer for in town driving, but the actual mileage (gallons used/ miles driven) is closer to 18-19.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Have you noticed any difference after the reflash?
I only picked mine up after lunch today so I haven't really had a chance to check out the difference if any. Mine was running fine other than the check engine light coming on intermittently...until it died in the parking lot.

I will update ASAP.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Died again! Each time I tried to excelerate enough to downshift it would cut out like no fuel! Stranded in the middle of the highway, I had to be towed!

·
Registered
518 Posts
This was me yesterday morning. The 2 cops were not happy about me blocking one lane. Roadside assistance couldn't get to me for 75 minutes so they call a truck. When it got there it wasn't a flatbed. Couldn't put it in neutral or release the parking brake and he had no dollies. I called a service with a flatbed & the driver hammered a steel plate under each tire and had to drag it up on to the flatbed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh my. Hope u find a fix ASAP? How many miles on it? It is a shame we spend all of this money for a car that is not reliable. Mine has been so far knock on wood but I only have about 10,000 miles or so. I am leasing but thought about buying it after lease is up. Not so sure now. Let us know what they say. May have to read up on lemon law?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have just shy of 35,000 miles. I will update as soon as I hear from the dealer. This is the first problem I have had. I am very satisfied with this Rover.

The Q379 "campain" as the dealer calls it apparently will be something they address as owners bring their vehicles in for other service...unless like me, that is the service you brought in for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally made an appointment to bring my Rover in for the update. I'll post my feedback tomorrow or Thursday.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I forgot about updating this post. Mine ended up needing a high pressure fuel pump and once that was replaced service said it was running rough and trying to stall.

Service replaced the high pressure fuel pressure sensor and the low pressure fuel pressure sensor and all is sorted now!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They performed two recalls on mine.Q261 - apparently an infotainment update that addressed some Bluetooth issues. Q379, Option B - apparently an ECU reflash having to do with fueling. I didn't notice any difference after the reflases. I've got 18,000 miles and haven't had a single issue with my Rover. I'll do some more research and figure out exactly what the recalls specifically address.

·
Registered
2 Posts
WARNING Q379 Removes all the fun from the Evoque! I had a 2 door Pure Plus and they did the update. Afterward the car no longer leaped from the start as before, it "lugged" horribly almost refusing to downshift with all but 45% to 70% petal then downshifting hard. Even getting on the hwy under 80% petal the car will race through the power band/ gears all in the name of economy. I traded my once loved Evoque in a huff for a temporary fix (2012 Acura RDX) . I later found a new 2013 Pure Premium in April of 2014 and life was good again. When I had my first oil change at Land Rover of Knoxville I told the service writer/ service manager that no software updates were to be loaded, they listened and life was good. Speed up to June 11, 2015 and the next oil change was due. I went through my sorted tale of woe and told the service writer "Kenny" the same thing 3 times "do not touch or upgrade the software or the car is yours". He said he understood and I made him repeat back exactly what they were going to do, he said "change the oil/ filter and rotate and balance the tires". I said good, that is it. Well 2 hours later I come back and he says "hey we did 3 updates". This Evoque is exactly like my first now, slow, sluggish, and according to Land Rover within acceptable specs. They REFUSE to change it back to factory settings and refuse to say why. My once fun Evoque now drives live a Nissan Rogue with a CVT. Since the dealerships are changing the dynamics of the car with out permission, or explaining what the "update" does I am wondering how many owners suffered the same fate and may be interested in pursuing some sort of legal action against, Land Rover like a Class Action Law Suite. Any 2012 or 2013 owners past or present that feel the same way please contact me.

Respectfully,

Ken Stewart

1 - 14 of 14 Posts