Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the voice button on the steering wheel, nothing happens! Am I doing something wrong, or do i have a defective unit?

·
Registered
59 Posts
When you hit voice control, the center screen should give you a list of commands. Some off the top of my head are "Phone", "Navigation". I believe there's also a beep. And when you say voice button, you mean the third button on the steering wheel right?(the other 2 are the green and red phone buttons)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see that screen in the manual, but it does not come up on my car. all that happens is the radio mutes! I think I have a faulty unit. :mad:

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try saying a command. If the radio mutes, that usually means it's trying to listen to your command. Did the dealer demo it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have tried that, saying "call" "voice" "phone" etc. no luck. No salesman did not demo, partially my fault. I was there for over an hour, and just wanted to get out of there. Naturally it has to be a holiday weeken:(

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm almost afraid to ask this, but is "Voice" an option I don't have?! Or are all Evo's equipped with voice command?

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Pure Premium has it (I think it's part of the Premium package for the Pure - Voice Control "SWYS" (Say What You See)

·
Registered
5 Posts
According to me, When you hit voice control, the center screen should give you a list of commands. Some off the top of my head are "Phone", "Navigation". I believe there's also a beep. And when you say voice button, you mean the third button on the steering wheel right?(the other 2 are the green and red phone buttons)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hate to revive a long-dead topic but did this ever get resolved? My Pure Plus is the same - voice button mutes the radio and the 'voice' option is missing from the 'setup' screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the pure and I get nothing happening when I push the button and no indication under the menu tab on centre screen that it even exists. So it looks like it does not come in the pure version. Is that right? :confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the pure and I get nothing happening when I push the button and no indication under the menu tab on centre screen that it even exists. So it looks like it does not come in the pure version. Is that right? :confused:
Yep - I went back and asked the dealer about this - the Pure doesn't have voice control. Although in hindsight that's not really a problem. I've yet to find a voice control system that can understand anything I see. It seems they don't like unaccented english voices because if I put on an American or Australian twang, I can get about a 50% hit rate. Other than that, it's largely pointless tech as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I purchased my 2012 Evoque "off the lot". I did not have input wrt options. It was a "Pure" came with Pure Plus Package, Climate Comfort, HD and Satellite Radio, and HDD Navigation. It has to be the HD/Sat Radio or the HDD Navigation Option that may include the Voice Control feature that you all are talking about. No where on the window sticker does it mention voice control or "SWYS" though. The Pure plus package talks about leather and adjustable seats fog lights and headlamp washers. The Pure Plus package also mentions the fixed panoramic roof with automatic visor. I think this is funny as I did not think you could get the 2012 without the panoramic roof?? The Climate package is heated seats, windshield, steering wheel, and mirrors. If the voice control does not come with the Pure, it has to be a part of the HD/Sat radio or the HDD Navigation system. It works relatively well. It is good for calling contacts in my iPhone, I have used it for inputting a destination and points of interest for navigation purposes. It is the only way I know how to get to the "turn by turn" list for the navigation system.

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the response. I am not bothered by it as I have used voice command in other cars and was not impressed by how accurate it was. It is just as easy for me to to push a button to locate a number or change a song title. Everything else in the car is great.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts