Evoque Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo... 2012 Range Rover Evoque - Running fine, parked in garage. Next morning it had zero power. I attempted to jump start and the same issue.

I checked the battery and it is putting out normal voltage - all the connections appear clean and tight.
Check multiple fuses (with battery disconnected) that are most relevant to possible main electrical issues and they all check out with a multi-meter.
I have not checked the relays yet.

I then disconnect the negative on the battery and let it sit for about an hour. When I go to hook the negative back up there is this whirring sound in the engine, this sounds like something is turning or trying to turn perhaps and it alternates between a higher and lower pitch.

I think I determined the sound is coming from the TCM mounted in the engine bay, just right of the engine.

Has anyone had a similar issue or any thoughts on my situation?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too had this once (left parked 6-7 hours). Ultimately, it was tracked to the Battery. Although it shows voltage, the charge may be insufficient. It may be the reason for whining sound. Either the charging is faulty, or the battery needs replacement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts