Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 evoque had the dreaded p0016 and I have done a little wrenching my self over the years and decided to attempt to tackle this one myself.
I replaced the VCT actuator and now I am getting a funny sounding crank and it will not start.
I replaced my crankshaft position sensor and it did not help.
I double checked my timing and my timing cannot be more perfect all my pistons are flat at TDC.
I had a large voltage drop across my starter cable and I changed that out. I no longer have a voltage drop but it still would not fire up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too had the same issue. Hasn't started in years. I wish they made these like the old proper Rovers back in the day. Retards at the factory don't know what they're doing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi stabcity420. Finally good to see someone who gets me. Maybe we can brainstorm together and scrutinize our readings we both have and get these trucks fixed

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay now we’re on track to getting this truck fixed. My spark plugs are in real bad shape. I cannot tell if a rodent got to them or if it was caused by last guy who was in there who truly screwed me over. This is why I don’t let the wife take the truck to any more mechanics. I always gotta fix what they screwed up. Retards.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You wouldn’t believe what the thieves over at the dealership quoted me for four spark plugs. Unbelievable. I’m on my way over there now to pick up my spark plugs and a new expansion tank. My old landy has been throwing the old low coolant message for quite some time and it’s time to fix it.
My old discovery 2 never throws the low coolant message. Like you said before they just don’t make them like they used to. Pathetic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good on ye' BeastMode! You sound like you have a proper collection of Rovers. You must have an Evoque spec'd with Magnaride and turbocharger. Just replaced the balls in my shocks and took it through its paces. Handles proper now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes the old magnaride balls. I replaced mine about six months ago and she handles like a top ever since.

I have my new plugs in hand and will be slapping them in now. I have my new expansion tank here too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Listen Stabcity I put the plugs in and this thing still won’t run. If you don’t know what you’re talking about then it’s time you quit this thread. You’re throwing me in circles all day wasting not only my money with your poor diagnostics but time as well.
While picking up my spark plugs I had a chat with the parts counter gentleman who is insisting my timing is off. :rolleyes: I told him my
Timing is perfect

·
Registered
15 Posts
How do you know your timing is ok? It’s a Ford Focus engine. Maybe the Focus St forum might be a good resource.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Axlerod YOU need to stop talking down to me like I don’t know what I’m doing? What are YOUR credentials? I will have you know I spent 30 years in the navy as a MASTER engine rebuilder. Like I’ve said repeatedly my pistons are all at TDC my timing is perfect. Stop questing my timing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts