Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post. I have a 2012 Evoque and there is a noise that sounds like a piece of plastic stuck in an air vent. It is coming from the front driver side. It is not a constant noise and happens when the air is off also. I took it to the dealer and of course it wouldn't duplicate. I was wondering if anyone else has had this noise.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 2013 and have noticed some (excessive?) air noise coming from the front vents at the base of the windshield. It seems as though there is something in the duct work that is restricting the flow and may be creating this additional noise. It has not been an a annoyance so I have not contacted he dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same issue. Sounds like static coming out of the right side door speakers. I had mine in for maintenance yesterday and let them know about the problem. They said they could not duplicate it. So I took them out for a ride...static sound from speakers that they said they were going to research.
There are a couple of other posts to this same issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sid, thanks for the post. I am also from Illinois and was wondering where you take your evoque for service? How many miles do you have on yours and have you had any other issues? On days when it is humid and a little cold we have turned on the heat and for some reason the ventilation smells like old socks (really bad). This has only happened a few times and only when it is around 35 - 45 degrees. I have about 10,000 miles on mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Ryan - I go to Knauz in Lake Bluff. I've had 2 rovers from there and have not had any dealership issues. I have about 17,500 on mine. I've had minor issues with the Evoque, but after the 1 year check up, the only lingering issue is the static.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts