Evoque Forums banner

Odd sounds in cabin at speed

19K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Heather 
#1 ·
I noticed that when going 60m/h or more, the windows/wind screen starts making little crackling noises, almost like a "mice behind the wall" sound. A very soft sound of paper or tin foil crackling. My wife noticed it as well.... Has anyone had the same issue?

#5 ·
I also had a slight wind noise coming from the driver door at higher speeds. Took it to the dealer twice before they replaced the door seal and fixed the wind noise.

Other creeks and crackling in the back when going over the lane reflectors, took the dealer several visits of checking and tightening everything but ultimately and surprising they replace both rear side panels on my coupe and now no more creeking or crackling in the back.

But now I hear a little coming from the front (dash).

#6 ·
Hi "WHO", I did the same, I took mine to the dealership & told them I had wind noise and they claimed they replaced the drivers door weather seal but I still have noise. It did not make a difference. (I have a 2door Pure ed.)

I told them I want to take another 2 door for a test ride to see if that one has the same wind noise to compare.

Now ALL of my TPMS systems are on and says all 4 of my tires are low. It even came on & told me my right rear TPM was malfunctioning & stopped working according to the on board monitor system.
Sounds like a trip back to dealership...
Bruce

#7 ·
Bruce

I also had a TPMS sensor indicate my left front tire low after the car sat in the garage for 3 weeks. Checked the pressure with a pressure gauge and was borderline to the required pressure. Pumped up all tires with a portable pump to the specified pressures on the door jam, but the low tire warning never went away. Took it in to the dealer and they questioned when I filled the tire up and if my pressure gauge was correct. Like its very hard to check a tire pressure or to pump up a tire. They said they did not do anything except pump the tire up. I think they might of just reset the TMPS sensor or reciever module.

Wayne

Let me know what the dealer finds on yours.

#12 ·
I have the same issue. Sounds like static coming out of the right side door speakers. I had mine in for maintenance yesterday and let them know about the problem. They said they could not duplicate it. So I took them out for a ride...static sound from speakers that they said they were going to research.

#14 ·
I have the same issue and it seems to be related to the windshield / front pillars seal or something along those lines. I've noticed that right after I wash my car the "mice sounds" go away and they return once the car dries up. I don't think it has to do with the speakers. You may want to try it too, I usually don't mind it since I always have music on.

#15 ·
Hi Guys,

I've discovered 2 things;

1) front door noise is flexing of the door and can be alleviated by lubricating the rubber

2) the back panel which houses the larger speakers also flexes going over bumps. We packed it with insulating material and the sound was dramatically reduc

Hope that helps!
Max.

#16 ·
I had this problem with the noise from the windshield initially and it was that the seal around the windshield was improperly installed from the factory. They fixed it and I never heard it again. The right front door woofer has ALWAYS had some sort of sound issue for me. It usually sounds like its blown. I at one time worked in the car audio industry for 12 years and have heard that crackle at 0 volume many times before (luckily never in my evoque) but its generally source noise from bad grounds at either the source or in the cables themselves.

Could the people that are having this issue be a little more specific about their situation? What year and trim is their evoque? What source are they on when they hear this speaker noise?

Some times its as easy as using a different ipod cable, or that a source like an ipod is introducing signal noise into other sources. But, some times its just the nature of the cars audio system. Try unplugging anything thats not factory from your system and see if the noise goes away.

#17 ·
I have had my evoque in the shop 4 times to replace my "A" pillar. It is the cause of my annoying squeaking when on the highway. I believe this should be a recall. The wind gets up under the A pillar and makes the noise. I put a small piece of cardboard in between the pillar and the front windshield and it stopped it, but for the money I spent on the evoque I should not need cardboard sticking out. Replacing the part, as it has been done 4 times already only helps for a couple weeks then it loosens and starts all over. It used to be just the drivers side but this week the passenger side has started, which is why I am now on the Internet to see if I am the only one with this problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.