Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out or mastered the Off road navigation feature? It's totally confusing me and the owner's manual isn't helping. For example, it states it allows the following rout entry methods, yet I can't find any of them:
Map
Previous
Distance and Bearing
Coordinates.

It also talks about other buttons I cannot see and fails to mentions buttons that show up. I've gotten nowhere so far trying to play with it.

-- Paul

·
Registered
373 Posts
Have not tried it yet, but worked great in my big range. Used to run on "waypoints" like my boat. I'll bonk around with it and it get back... if I can find my way back...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody have any new insights/experiences with this? I have a feeling that nobody out there besides me has even tried using it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've used it...the manual is of little to no use. What it is good for is "new route" this is where you basically drive and hit "add way point" at whatever interval you like. save the route and when you wish to re-trace of go back-ward through tht eroute, the off-road navigation will give you the straight-line distance and bearing to get you to and from the route.

OK, I'm confused just typing this....just fart around with it and add way points, it will be come clear as day once you experiment with it. no use trying to explain via text.

It is cool though!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe I have finally mastered the use of this feature. Let me know if you're interested and I'll try writing up a guide to its use, and perhaps a YouTube video.

-- Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts