Evoque Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or are there other evoque owners looking for a good off road tire and wheel package. I was hoping to get a Dick Cepeck fun country tire set for my evoque as a winter/off road set. It turns out our wheel size is too restrictive. There are no decent off-road tires for these SUV's. If I am wrong and you know of a decent off-road tire that fits the evoque doesn't matter what wheel size, please post. I really would like to beef up my tires for winter. I'll keep the all seasons for summer and have a spare set for tooling around in winter and cruising up to the mountains. Thx

·
Registered
518 Posts
I never found an all terrain tire for a 19 inch rim and I started looking back in 2009!

·
Registered
77 Posts
How about all terrain tires for 18 or 17 inch rims? The Evoque can go down to 17", I believe.

Also, how would all terrain tires compare to snow tires for winter use?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Have you checked the wheels & tires section a little lower on the forums page? You can play with different sizes on TireRack.com also to get an idea of tire/wheel size combos.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, I got sick and tired with all the flats I was getting with the 19" continentals. This is what I have now; 17 inch rims with Nokian Rotiva AT; awesome tires!!!

Is it just me or are there other evoque owners looking for a good off road tire and wheel package. I was hoping to get a Dick Cepeck fun country tire set for my evoque as a winter/off road set. It turns out our wheel size is too restrictive. There are no decent off-road tires for these SUV's. If I am wrong and you know of a decent off-road tire that fits the evoque doesn't matter what wheel size, please post. I really would like to beef up my tires for winter. I'll keep the all seasons for summer and have a spare set for tooling around in winter and cruising up to the mountains. Thx

·
Registered
518 Posts
This Goodyear DuraTrac now comes in a 255/55/19!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just don't confuse offroad with winter. They have NOTHING in common past a deep lug for deep crud. Off road rubber is usually very hard and therefore, lousy in the winter. Only works if you drive unimproved snowy roads all the time.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yes, the same size I'm going with next. I currently have 255/50/19's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts