Evoque Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of doing oil change myself, dealer wants US$650!

whats the oil drain plug and oil filter tightening torque values?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have never used a torque wrench for an oil filter install. I don't think I have ever torqued a drain plug either.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is only one sole dealer and importer in the Philippines :(

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been using my local garage for oil changes with no problem, at 1/3 the cost of the dealer. Take it to someone you trust and forget the dealer.
yes i do, im with the public transport industry, so oil change labor isnt a problem, just need the torque values :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
20 NM's for drain plug per LR. Don't find a value for the oil filter

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
btw, can i just buy a Ford ecoboost oil filter? My LR dealer has no filter in stock :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Google LR Evoque Oil Filter, part is available online. The LR part is made by Ford.

Reactions: Gilgothdae

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just did this. Dealer charges $450 but to be fair $50 is for a pollen filter and $100 is for an air filter. A rip off however you look at it.

I bought Pennzoil pure plus A5/B5. The filter was very difficult to get off because the dealer overtightened. It is supposed to be hand tightened only.

I also found oil sludge in the bottom cover. It seems they never cleaned it and so it would be impossible to know whether you had a leak. I was able to clean everything well and double check the work a week later.

A dealer will never put the effort you can because for them it's about pushing volume.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts