Evoque Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't know how trustworthy this is since my saleman was not a tech and could have gotten his missing items confused, but my salesman said that the oil only needed to be changed once a year and that there wasn't an oil filter. It's hard to believe that there is no filter, so maybe he meant no drain plug? Or maybe no either one.
I'll see your drain plug question and raise you an oil filter question.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There is a plug and there is a filter look on the land rover website click evoque, click explore, click enging and you see a giant picture of the engine which clearly shows the oil filter on the bottom front of the engine, and you can see the drain plug behind it on the oil pan at the bottom. I used to do this stuff for a living, so I know what I'm talking about people.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I watched a tech do my oil change. The plastic sheild below the engine must be removed first, 6-8 bolts? The oil plug is on the bottom of the pan, just like any other car. The filter is on the front of the engine and oil will run onto some parts as it drains from the oil filter recepticle. A little messy but oil changes usually are.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Some dealerships and indies use the suction method to avoid the extra labor of having to lift the car or remove body shields that may be in the way, such as in the case on the Evoque. The obvious issue with this method is the filter doesn't get changed. Great idea for interim/quick oil changes between major services but flies in the face of the whole reason for doing an oil change in the first place.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would also insist the oil filter is changed. On my pick up I change the oil filter once in between oil changes. Oil lasts longer than the filters will, when a filter gets to dirty or plugged the oil bypasses the filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts