Evoque Forums banner

Omg!!! Cant remove plastic molded evap lines for purge valve

11K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnB 
#1 ·
There are about 12 different connection points for evap hoses under the hood and they dont have clips of any kind. The seem to be a hard plastic heat shrunk around the nipple connectors. Im at a loss!
If i cut the line it will be too short and too small to fit new purge valve due the the shrinkage done at the factory. These hose systems are expensive and they go all the way back to the gas tank. I dont even know if its the purge valve causing the engine code i just wanna take it iff and blow through it to see if it leaks. I dont wanna ruin $800 in hoses to test the part. On top of alll that the part is almost $300. So HELP PLEASE. I never get a response to any of my threads and i font know why i have legitimate unanswered questions that cant be found anyware online. This one needs some mechanicle help fro . anyone who ever removed one of these hoses

#2 ·
Im kind of in the same pinch. Want to replace the purge valve, not the entire system with all the lines. I am debating using pliers to crush the hose connector portion of the purge valve (a cheap 12 dollar piece). Get all the little plastic pieces out of the hose and replace with new one. Because there is no sliding on and off. Any updates?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.