Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light came on today and the codes indicate and issue with Bank 1 Sensor 3 O2 sensor. I have the 2013 manual and it clearly says there are only 2 O2 sensors. Also when you look at OEM LR parts websites, they all are consistent and show the same 2 part numbers for 2013 models...one for the front/upstream and one for the rear/downstream.

When I go to those same websites and entire my 2015 Dyanmic info, it comes up with only 2 part numbers (different than the 2013) but still only 2. I saw some evidence when searching that one of them was rear and the other was front. Also my scanner only returns info for Bank 1 Sensor 1 (the front/upstream) and Bank 1 Sensor 3. So I thought I only had 2 and the scanner was referring to them as 1 and 3. But the more I search (Bosch website, Walker Products, RMEuropean, and some LR websites), it appears there is a front, center and rear. Has anyone had to replace theirs and verified that the 2014 and later have 3?

Every time something goes wrong with this car, it is like a research paper on part numbers to find what is the correct/current part number. I am thinking it is LR049884 (which was updated to LR098282 ) is the correct one for the rear. But I am not 100% sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Lemmy999! I replaced both O2 sensors in my 2013 Evoque (Dynamic trim) about a year ago. I think all Evoques from 2012 - 2017 or 2018 in the USA, regardless of trim level, came equipped with the same 240-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. I bought two new Bosch sensors [Part No. 17319 (upstream/Bank 1 Sensor) and 16256 (downstream/Bank 1 Sensor 2/rear)]. Based on my research, the OEM part numbers are LR001370 (front) and LR028931 (rear). I hope this information helps.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I got mine up on the lift yesterday to finally check out the problem and noticed that mine has 3 O2 sensors. There is one between the exhaust manifold and the first cat, then one in the middle then a third one after the last cat. The last one (#3) was the one with the issue. I followed the plug and it was loose. I pushed it in all the way and it clicked. I cleared the codes and it didn't return. So thankfully I don't need to replace anything just yet.

I think you are right that they all had the same Ford Ecoboost 2.0 liter engine. But did yours only have 2 O2 sensors?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, based on my research, only two parts numbers are listed as oxygen sensors for the exhaust: LR001370 (front) and LR 028931 (rear). Now you have my curiosity peaked. I'm planning to change the oil this weekend, so I'll look for the third sensor (if applicable) while I'm under there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts