Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What happens when you are in normal driving mode and you hit the paddle shifter by mistake? I do this frequently out of habit due to the placement of my oldvehicle’s functions. I even hit them by mistake when reaching for the heatedsteering wheel. I will stop over time.

Justthe other day I did this dumb mistake and it instantly revved up on me. I think I had to slow down and place in park just to put it back in normal mode. Though other times it was a smooth transition and went back to normal mode after a few seconds. Someone give me the 101 on utilizing the paddle shifters and when.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It puts it into manual... sometimes it happens. It's not the end of the world. If you're in D, it'll go back to automatic after about 20 seconds, or you can hold the upshift paddle for a few seconds to do it yourself. If you're in S, it'll stay in manual unless you hold the upshift paddle.

There's no need to slow down and put it into park.

·
Registered
68 Posts
When this happens to me I just simply turn the gear selector to N and back to D and all is normal again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can go into the settings and select an option that only has the shift levers functional when in sport mode.
That way bumping them during normal driving doesn't do anything.
(At least on 2014 models)

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can go into the settings and select an option that only has the shift levers functional when in sport mode.

That's what I do, especially since the only time I want to manual shift would be in sport mode. Then it's no big deal and I can use the levers as laser beams when somebody in front of me is driving too slow, or cuts me off. Doesn't do anything, but it makes me feel better. Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's what I do, especially since the only time I want to manual shift would be in sport mode. Then it's no big deal and I can use the levers as laser beams when somebody in front of me is driving too slow, or cuts me off. Doesn't do anything, but it makes me feel better. Enjoy your ride.
Hello and sorry to ask I am new to the Evoque, ay chance you can tell me where in the menu this option is as despite looking can no find it unless this is an onion in the USA only as I am based in the UK.

Thank you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think you can only access the option when the vehicle is in Park.

Also, for the last few weeks I've been driving only in 'S' mode and it's great. If you're not happy with the response time of the transmission in 'D' I suggest trying 'S' out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think you can only access the option when the vehicle is in Park.

Also, for the last few weeks I've been driving only in 'S' mode and it's great. If you're not happy with the response time of the transmission in 'D' I suggest trying 'S' out.
Is that with the engine on or off? What section, sorry for the question.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also find myself accidentally hitting these shifters, especially when reaching for nearby settings like wipers and foglights. I might ask my dealer if it is possible to disable the manual shifters, which I don't use. I would also like to set the foglights to always-on, if possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can't find this option anywhere on my 2012 Dynamic

·
Registered
76 Posts
I turned it off in the menu on my 2014. If it's an option then it should be in your manual. I don't remember how to access it off-hand.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's in the centre instrument panel. Where you can check your trip computer, reset it, etc. You can also check the tire pressure from there. But you need to have the car in park and off and just the power on. I live in Canada and drive a 2014. If you guys can't find it. I'll post a picite tomorrow!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't think you can program the fog lights to stay on. I haven't seen an option in the menu to set the paddle shifters on my 2012 either.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts